Jez

I would have thought glassing someone was a pretty good trump card too. Honest question: Has JB done a bit of glassing of his own?

Suggestion: Begin your answer with "Allegedly..." :)

He stubbed a cigar into a youngster's face. And there's no 'alleged' about it :) Anyway, there's a whole other thread (to avoid) on Barton elsewhere.

Oriol Romeu to Chelsea from Barcelona B for €5m.

Weird, I recently started a new Master League on PES and was bidding for him, but Chelsea came in at the last minute and stole him from me. COINCIDENCE?

Yes.

Oriol Romeu to Chelsea from Barcelona B for €5m.

Weird, I recently started a new Master League on PES and was bidding for him, but Chelsea came in at the last minute and stole him from me. COINCIDENCE?

Yes.

thats_the_joke.jpg

The Gazzetta dello Sport is adamant Inter have already sold Wesley Sneijder to Manchester City for €36m, so today’s Super Cup is his last appearance.

Up until now the Dutchman had been heavily linked with a bid from Manchester United, but sources in Italy suggest their rivals over at Eastlands have swooped instead.

The front page of today’s Gazzetta declares Sneijder has already agreed a transfer to Roberto Mancini’s squad for €36m – over €20m more than Inter originally paid for the midfielder.

He is set to sign a contract worth €6m per season with the Premier League outfit.

Inter director Ernesto Paolillo did hint that something could happen this week when he said, “Sneijder is not for sale unless we receive an offer we can’t refuse.”

This could well include an option to take Carlos Tevez on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

His final appearance in an Inter jersey could well be today’s Italian Super Cup against Milan in Beijing, kick-off at 13.00 UK time.

Football Italia

cassano, ibra, robinho, pato, boateng, kaka, seedorf. cant see how they would all be happy as gametime would be limited

Cassano may be off and Boateng/Seedorf played in the 3 in a 4-3-1-2 at points last season. So that doesn't leave many attacking options at all if they're trying to fill 3 places.

I think the can arsed bit is key. I can't see Big John being motivated for a game v a team like Barnsley on a cold winter night. Although I do think Allardyce if anyone could get a lot out of him, if they play the ball to his feet.