The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Was good to see Eddie Kingston tell off those ‘What?!’ chanting morons and effectively shut them up for a bit. Can’t stand how that is STILL going

Yeah so true. I mean its a aew show and your doing wwe chants. Morons

Edited by Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Scott Hall apparently clinging to life after 3 successive heart attacks. 😔

What a **** week

His family are preparing to take him off life support.

Say goodbye to the Bad Guy 😢

• Sad 2

I'm glad he managed to get some extra time via DDP, and additional changes Scott made to his lifestyle. DDP gave him quite a good few years extra. Absolutely still a terrible shame though.

I always liked him, but even more as he got older. He was convinced that the Montreal screwjob was a work.

• Like 1

Man, that sucks. One of my favourites from the last year or so when I stopped watching as a kid. One of the best entrance musics as well. Glad he got back on track later in life. Sad to see this happening. The impact he, Nash and Hogan had on wrestling was profound for the time. I’ll have to watch Wrestlemania X in his honour I think. Legend. 

Edited by Ingram85

Nobody has mentioned Big E's injury from last week. Looked really nasty.

Broke his neck but thankfully sounds like he'll recover. Spinal cord wasn't damaged so no paralysis.

Just a reminder of how close to the edge these guys perform

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

So is Hall's death lifestyle related or purely from issues with the surgery?

It is probably a mixture of both, I think its incredible he got to 63 as he was in a pretty bad condition for about a decade. WCW even made an angle on it FFS.  It was really impressive that he made the recovery he did but maybe the damage was done long before

Wrestling must have one of the lowest life expectancy per career. I was looking at an old Wrestlemania on Wikipedia from the early 90s and I think about 60 percent of the performers are no longer with us

59 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Sad news about Scott Hall :(

I've not been into wrestling for years, but am slowly getting back into it. Any fans of WWE still around or is it all AEW now?

WWF/E is the reason nearly all of us are wrestling fans but AEW is putting out the far superior product right now.

That said, Wrestlemania is shaping up to be quite interesting this year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Sad news about Scott Hall :(

I've not been into wrestling for years, but am slowly getting back into it. Any fans of WWE still around or is it all AEW now?

I pretty much only pay attention to what Seth Rollins and Rhea Ripley are doing on WWE shows these days and follow AEW a lot more closely and watch what I can.

Might watch Roman vs Cowboy Brock but I think this Wrestlemania looks really underwhelming on what we know so far 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Any fans of WWE still around or is it all AEW now?

I watched the last Royal Rumble.  It used to always be the thing for me, even during great swathes of having no interest in wrestling, I'd dip in and watch the Rumble.  And play the games, I loved the games.  Still didn't really watch the product, but used to buy the games every year, on release without fail, at least a few console generations ago up until the 2K-era when everything started going to hell.  Couple years ago, figured I might as well spend the Rumble money on a network subscription, so I'd get the Rumble and watch some WWE regularly.  Didn't realise at the time that that didn't include the two main shows (at least not the latest broadcasts, the network always ran something bonkers like 6 weeks behind the live schedule for Raw and Smackdown), but that did include NXT live.  So I started watching NXT regularly, pretty much during throughout peak Black/Undisputed Era/Gargano etc.  It was great, loved it, and it sparked an interest in actually digging into the indies properly (that and finding out about ZSJ having a finisher named after one of my all-time favourite, ridiculously titled math-rock albums).  Oh, and historically I'd had the occasional toe-dip into TNA, mostly during the height of the AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels/Samoa Joe stuff.  Plus keeping up-to-date with episodes of Botchamania and OSW Review.

So after my network subscription ran out, I had plenty of other stuff to be getting into.  Then AEW comes along, and winds up bringing in most of the guys I dug from my NXT watching days, so to me it almost feels like a natural continuation of that.

Anywho, yeah so I watched the last Royal Rumble.  **** ME it was bad.  I've never been so bored watching a Rumble before, between the near seizure-inducing camera work and crayola tableau that is.  Seemed like such an antithesis to the great stuff I was watching on NXT just a few years back, and I think that has just crystallized the sense that, aside from the odd match here or feud there, the bulk of the WWE product just isn't for me anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Scott Hall gone then.  Genuinely one of the greats, was awesome as Razor and the guy who kicked off the greatest storyline in the history of the business.  RIP to the bad guy.  

• Sad 2

Â