The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's 2 nights now? Jesus Christ

Less is more WWE, less is more

2 nights at almost 4-hours per night. Each night also had a 2-hour pre-show so someone that watched it all would have given WWE almost 12-hours of their weekend. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

2 nights at almost 4-hours per night. Each night also had a 2-hour pre-show so someone that watched it all would have given WWE almost 12-hours of their weekend. 

I mean I think even when I was obsessed with Wrestling in the Attitude era, that would have been too much for me.

Sounds like the roster is still incredibly bloated, which is what put me off WWE in the first place

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean I think even when I was obsessed with Wrestling in the Attitude era, that would have been too much for me.

Sounds like the roster is still incredibly bloated, which is what put me off WWE in the first place

And me amongst other things, the raw and smackdown split never worked, the 19 time champion stuff never worked either 

Too many wrestlers, too many PPVs, too many of them not good enough to sell the promos to keep me interested 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me amongst other things, the raw and smackdown split never worked, the 19 time champion stuff never worked either 

Too many wrestlers, too many PPVs, too many of them not good enough to sell the promos to keep me interested 

Yeah the brand split was when I gave up. Roster was too big so I understand why they did it, but it just didn't work for me. Let alone adding a poor imitation of ECW in there. But having multiple world champions depending on brans and stuff like that just bloated everything horribly.

The Attitude Era was good because the roster was quality not quantity. I get that it was probably much harder on the wrestlers because it was them at every show. But it was much better for the viewer.

And I don't buy into this stuff about Wrestlemania being so big and long because they have to get every wrestler on the card. **** that. Mania should be special. It shouldn't be a chance for every single wrestler to have a match. If you don't have a match then tough shit, get better and have a match next year.

Getting everyone on the card just dilutes it

• Like 1

Anyone listen to any wwe podcasts? 

I moaned in a thread that they seem to have paid YouTube to attack my recommended videos but I did watch a couple of them in the end and it seems like there are a lot of good stories going around from the attitude era 

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Edge made this shit brody when you was still in nappies. This is more like a new brood.

Hopefully they name it something like the new brood or something along that line.

Which three female wrestlers do you think are the hottest? That can be aew wwe impact japan etc.

For me britt baker, mandy Rose and liv morgan/sasha banks. But alot of hot women. My favourite was charly caruso. Damn she is hot

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Which three female wrestlers do you think are the hottest? That can be aew wwe impact japan etc.

For me britt baker, mandy Rose and liv morgan/sasha banks. But alot of hot women. My favourite was charly caruso. Damn she is hot

Mickie James..... Still would 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone listen to any wwe podcasts? 

I moaned in a thread that they seem to have paid YouTube to attack my recommended videos but I did watch a couple of them in the end and it seems like there are a lot of good stories going around from the attitude era 

I used to listen to some of the Stone Cold ones when he first started doing them. They were pretty good. Haven’t listened in a long time though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

GiGi, Becky and Indi. 

I've realised I am a WWE mark even though I prefer AEW's product at present.  I got immense satisfaction from Cody's re-debut after all the former WWE stars AEW have signed and the moral high ground they tend take.

If it ever came down to a full war (like with WCW) I think I'd unwillingly be on the WWE's side. 

I guess it's because it's the basis of me being a wrestling fan, it's the World Wrestling Federation, it's Wrestlemania, the Golden Era, the New Generation, the Attitude Era, the side I was on in the Monday night wars, Howard Finkel announcing neeeeeeeeeeeeew, the Hasbro action figures, Monsoon & Heenan then JR & King commentary teams etc.

I don't think I've consistently enjoyed their output in nigh on 20 years but for some of the reasons listed above, they have me.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Which three female wrestlers do you think are the hottest?

Doesn't matter, not a one of 'em can hold a candle to Max Caster's booty butt cheeks.

Max caster : r/WrestleWithThePackage

Shame he's getting murdered by Samoa Joe tonight, I'm just hoping he works in that Steiner promo to his entrance rap somehow.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

WWE going to have a PPV in the Millenium stadium. first since Summerslam 92

a mate of mine has registered for presale. haven't watched it in years but still tempted

What are peoples thoughts on AEW at the moment. For me it has losts its shine in the last few months. Hangman has put on great fights but i don't feel is pushing the Heavyweight picture forward. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to Cole, and with a returning Omega coming sets up an Undisputed Era v Elite Storyline.

On the undercard, apart from MJF/Wardlow story it all seems a bit weak IMO. Punk slowly climbing up the ladder is fine but isn't wowing and the TNT belt scene is not interesting at the moment.

On the plus FTR are putting on 4.5/5 Star matches at the moment so the tag division is in good hand. ReDragon to take the titles and a FTR belt collector story will keep my interest there. 

Would be interested to see if anyone else is thinking the product has dropped slightly recently?

Just now, Crumpet said:

What are peoples thoughts on AEW at the moment. For me it has losts its shine in the last few months. Hangman has put on great fights but i don't feel is pushing the Heavyweight picture forward. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to Cole, and with a returning Omega coming sets up an Undisputed Era v Elite Storyline.

On the undercard, apart from MJF/Wardlow story it all seems a bit weak IMO. Punk slowly climbing up the ladder is fine but isn't wowing and the TNT belt scene is not interesting at the moment.

On the plus FTR are putting on 4.5/5 Star matches at the moment so the tag division is in good hand. ReDragon to take the titles and a FTR belt collector story will keep my interest there. 

Would be interested to see if anyone else is thinking the product has dropped slightly recently?

It’s bonkers how it’s fallen off a cliff. Seems ever since the Punk/MJF stuff ended. They have all the right pieces put in the wrong places.

Â