The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Who the hell is that? 😆

Struggling with how to best explain Danhausen.

Ummm...

Nope, I got nothing.  I'm just gonna hijack Wiki...

Danhausen has described his character as "Conan O'Brien got possessed by a demon". In April 2021, he appeared as a guest on O'Brien's podcast Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend to discuss this concept.[19] The character wears horror-themed face paint and believes he has supernatural powers, such as shooting lightning from his fingers and the ability to put curses on his enemies. The voice for his character is based on O'Brien and Mark Hamill's Joker.[20] He often refers to himself in the third person, adds the suffix "-hausen" to words, chastises other wrestlers if they use profanity, and describes himself and things he likes as "very nice, very evil".[21] He is also known for nonchalantly dancing a "Pee-wee Herman dance" to the song "Tequila" in the middle of matches.[22]

Think Orange Cassidy levels of committed to one's comedy gimmick.  He's coming off a serious injury so he won't be competing for a bit, so I hope they just keep having him pop-up in the background of random scenes for no reason.

Love that Danhausen.

• Haha 2

So who is everyone backing for the rumble this year? 

I am going for a swerve and saying lesnar as reigns will cost him the title and lesnar enters himself in and wins it to challenge reigns. 

Womens im going for bayley to return and win it.

WRM

Spoiler

Ronda rousey apparently signed with wwe for a year so dont rule her out winning it either

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So who is everyone backing for the rumble this year? 

I am going for a swerve and saying lesnar as reigns will cost him the title and lesnar enters himself in and wins it to challenge reigns. 

Womens im going for bayley to return and win it.

WRM

Reveal hidden contents

Ronda rousey apparently signed with wwe for a year so dont rule her out winning it either

Spoiler

There's a rumour Paige has been cleared for a return too. I agree with you though, Ronda to win and lock in the rematch with Becky at WM.

Men's is tougher to call, although I can see the outcome leading to a match we've seen at WM many times previously. Randy Orton to go deep as it's in his hometown.

39 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

How was it?  I'm about 2 years out of the loop on WWE but do like to keep my eye in with the Rumbles, tempted to "Paul Burchill gimmick" it later.

Was ok, rumble matches were a slog. Best thing was Rollins v Reigns, amazing story telling. 

Â