The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Poor rumble over all I thought. 
The main event had nothing not even any stand out stunts. The early results made it obvious what was happening. 

I didn’t like the ending to either title match. Thought both were over booked for their build ups

1 hour ago, heffoman said:

Poor rumble over all I thought. 
The main event had nothing not even any stand out stunts. The early results made it obvious what was happening. 

I didn’t like the ending to either title match. Thought both were over booked for their build ups

The Seth Roman match was a good ending cos it shows another side of Roman, Seth has been the first one to really push him and he snapped, perfect. 

On 28/01/2022 at 20:24, GarethRDR said:

Struggling with how to best explain Danhausen.

Ummm...

Nope, I got nothing.  I'm just gonna hijack Wiki...

Think Orange Cassidy levels of committed to one's comedy gimmick.  He's coming off a serious injury so he won't be competing for a bit, so I hope they just keep having him pop-up in the background of random scenes for no reason.

Love that Danhausen.

Has Danhausen got his blimp yet? 

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2022 at 19:25, Demitri_C said:

So who is everyone backing for the rumble this year? 

I am going for a swerve and saying lesnar as reigns will cost him the title and lesnar enters himself in and wins it to challenge reigns. 

Womens im going for bayley to return and win it.

WRM

Reveal hidden contents

Ronda rousey apparently signed with wwe for a year so dont rule her out winning it either

Spoiler

The mens royal rumble for so predictable wasnt it? Even i called it above. One of the worst male royal rumbles of all time for me as you had so many people that had no chance of winning it.

The only suprises were McIntyre  and bad bunny (yawn) the womens one was better but as soon as you saw rousey you knew she was winning more predictable shite. 

Great so lesnar vs reigns for the 100th millionth time. I actually dont care about this match in slightest. 

Would have preferred  lashley vs lesnar at wm

And reigns vs rollins. Vince has totally cocked it up again. This is why i enjoy aew more these days

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

The mens royal rumble for so predictable wasnt it? Even i called it above. One of the worst male royal rumbles of all time for me as you had so many people that had no chance of winning it.

The only suprises were McIntyre  and bad bunny (yawn) the womens one was better but as soon as you saw rousey you knew she was winning more predictable shite. 

Great so lesnar vs reigns for the 100th millionth time. I actually dont care about this match in slightest. 

Would have preferred  lashley vs lesnar at wm

And reigns vs rollins. Vince has totally cocked it up again. This is why i enjoy aew more these days

They should have changed the order of the entrants in the mens. After AJ at number 1 it felt like jobber after jobber until it got into the mid 20s.

At least they kept the Paul Heyman storyline going. That's been the only decent thing in both WWE main shows for the last year. Everything else seems to be awful.

Spoiler

Keith lee debuts on aew. Havw to say aews roster is getting really strong.  But their roster looks absolutely  stacked. I mean we havent seen fish and o reilly in weeks, as well as kingston, dark order etc

They really need to cut their roster as they are having problems squeezing everyone in

My favourite moment by far from this weeks Dynamite

Spoiler

The unexpected appearance of Jay White. With things still looking really certain in Japan, I hope he can stay around in AEW for awhile - hopefully beginning with screwing over The Elite (again).

I am ready to breath! with the switchbrade! as Gedo would say.

On 10/02/2022 at 13:16, hogso said:

My favourite moment by far from this weeks Dynamite

Hide contents

The unexpected appearance of Jay White. With things still looking really certain in Japan, I hope he can stay around in AEW for awhile - hopefully beginning with screwing over The Elite (again).

I am ready to breath! with the switchbrade! as Gedo would say.

Spoiler

He is also appearing on impact wrestling. Seems to be doing a kenny omega 

Kevin Owens will come out to cut a "Texas sucks" promo. He'll say Texas doesn't have any real heroes, blah, blah, blah.

Stone Cold will come out in his classic T shirt and jean shorts for Texas.

Stone Cold hits the ring and tells KO to shut up about Texas.

Kevin Owens will challenge him to a match to defend the Texas.

A ref from Texas comes out and the bell rings.

KO immediately rushes in and beats down Austin in a corner and stomp the Texas mud hole.

He misses the cannonball spot because fat.

Austin stomps Texas mud hole, taunts a bunch, hits a Stunner and 1,2,3 match over.

Stone Cold wins for Texas in less than 2 minutes.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Kevin Owens will come out to cut a "Texas sucks" promo. He'll say Texas doesn't have any real heroes, blah, blah, blah.

KO immediately rushes in and beats down Austin in a corner and stomp the Texas mud hole.

Austin stomps Texas mud hole, taunts a bunch, hits a Stunner and 1,2,3 match over.

Yaah can see that. Wont be a match more of a beat down. Its getting so desperate from wwe these days. The same rehashed stuff

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If this is to be the case I would want the ref to be a certain person from San Antonio Texas, just when Owens would be getting on top the referee would tune up the band for a little bit of sweet chin music that when landed spins Owens straight into a stunner, que beer drinking with HBK who then gets on the end of  stunner himself 

HELL YEAH

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If this is to be the case I would want the ref to be a certain person from San Antonio Texas, just when Owens would be getting on top the referee would tune up the band for a little bit of sweet chin music that when landed spins Owens straight into a stunner, que beer drinking with HBK who then gets on the end of  stunner himself 

HELL YEAH

Can HBK get his leg up that high now?

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Cody and Brandi back to WWE?

Never understood the AEW fans turning on the guy so integral to the forming of that company.

His penis solved racism, his work is done.

Japes aside, I also don't understand the foaming at the mouth or the cries for him to turn this way or that.  He's a phenomenal wrestler who's elevated pretty much everyone he's wrestled, and the biggest/only criticism you could possibly level at him is a couple of slightly cringe segments that didn't really land... yeah I'll take that trade quite happily for the absolute bangers he puts on.

Only thing I could think of is the roster's starting to get stacked and the Rhodes' have got irons in so many other fires that it might make sense to have them step back and focus on their other stuff at this point and allow more TV time for other wrestler.  If part of that is getting a payday out of WWE, fair play, I just hope it means that down the road we get a surprise comeback and title challenge/run (if he re-signs then that stipulation for him not being able to compete for the World Championship could conceivably be kayfabe'd away).

Â