The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

What did he say!? 😂

During Jamie Hayter vs Skye Blue, mid-match, Excalibur talking about Hayter:

Jericho [shouting, because Jericho]: "From Southampton, England; ever been to Southampton, Starks?

Starks: "Yeah, well actually I used to live in Wolverhampton for 3 months and [inaudible]..."

Jericho [interrupting]: "Well then, so you know how vicious and awful those places are."

I don’t mind 2 nights, just not 4 hours each night. I don’t need to see McIntyre vs Corbin, I don’t need Knoxville vs Sami or the womens Tag stuff, I don’t need New Day vs Sheamis and his buddies, none of those matches should be at WM and binning them all would help cut the time down and nothing of importance is lost.

We don’t get Balor vs Priest but the matches listed above get the go ahead? Nonsense. The roster is too bloated and there are too many generic wrestlers and nobodies hanging around.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I don’t mind 2 nights, just not 4 hours each night. I don’t need to see McIntyre vs Corbin, I don’t need Knoxville vs Sami or the womens Tag stuff, I don’t need New Day vs Sheamis and his buddies, none of those matches should be at WM and binning them all would help cut the time down and nothing of importance is lost.

We don’t get Balor vs Priest but the matches listed above get the go ahead? Nonsense. The roster is too bloated and there are too many generic wrestlers and nobodies hanging around.

I think the reason of doung this is to give my superstars a opportunity to be part of wm. I think i read you get a big bonus if you appear at wm

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think the reason of doung this is to give my superstars a opportunity to be part of wm. I think i read you get a big bonus if you appear at wm

Oh I get why they do it, but I’m not interested in it. I don’t need to see Boogs or Natalya at WM. 

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

During Jamie Hayter vs Skye Blue, mid-match, Excalibur talking about Hayter:

Jericho [shouting, because Jericho]: "From Southampton, England; ever been to Southampton, Starks?

Starks: "Yeah, well actually I used to live in Wolverhampton for 3 months and [inaudible]..."

Jericho [interrupting]: "Well then, so you know how vicious and awful those places are."

Brilliant 😂

Thoughts on Wrestlemania Night 2. (yes, I watched it)

Spoiler

I'm only going to focus on the matches I gave a shit about. 

Johnny Knoxville vs Sami Zayn was like watching a live episode of Jackass, it was very fun. I think the Jackass crew are a great fit for WWE as they get off on pain and guys like that make their opponents moves look a million bucks. The helluva kick to Wee Man was probably the best looking helluva kick ever because Wee Man just ate all of it with his nose, but that's the benefit of using a guy that used to kick himself in the face as a skit on TV. Overall that might have been my match of the night solely because of how fun and stupid it all was. 

Edge vs AJ Styles was decent. I don't think it was the greatest match ever and I think the distraction finish hurt it quite a bit. I know the finish was to set up Edge's new Brood 2.0 style faction, but that could have been done on RAW where matches literally don't seem to matter. Have a rematch like WWE like to do and do the distraction finish then. 

Pat McAfee vs Austin Theory was great fun. Pat McAfee is another non-roster member that puts a lot of WWE roster talent to shame. He was pretty blown up during this match given he was seemingly given like 4 weeks to train, but that leap to the top rope for the superplex was outrageous for a man of his size. My main takeaway after this match was the WWE roster need to step up. Logan Paul, Johnny Knoxville and Pat McAfee should not be putting on some of the better matches over the two nights. Unfortunately WWE kinda hurt this match mere minutes after it finished...

Pat McAfee vs Vince McMahon. What in the actual **** was this all about? I get that this was probably Pat McAfee ticking off bucket list items, but this didn't work. Firstly how weak does Austin Theory look after this? He just lost to the guy that then lost in just under 4 minutes to a 76 year old that had 100% of the offensive. Secondly why book an angle like this if Vince McMahon literally can't take bumps anymore. It completely deflated what was a fun match before all of this. Thankfully Stone Cold came out to eventually tick off another one of Pat's bucket list items, but before we got to that Vince McMahon sold the worst stunner in the history of stunners. I don't know if he misread the situation, or just freaked out at the prospect of taking a stunner at 76 years old, but it was terrible and it rounded out a segment to forget. Fortunately Pat McAfee got his stunner which he sold amazingly and the segment ended on a high, but what a shit show until we got to that point. 

It's typical that the one time in almost 20 years that I want Brock Lesnar to win is the time he doesn't win. Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar was not the best. I think it suffered from standard WWE heel antics. Too much cheating, and also too much no-selling. At one point after the kimura lock the camera microphone picked up Reigns saying, "my shoulder is out, my shoulder is out" and then 10 seconds later Reigns was no-selling an apparent dislocated shoulder to set up for his finisher. It's that kind of stuff that pulls me out of the match in the end. If your shoulder is gone then maybe don't push Lesnar with the arm connected to said dislocated shoulder. It's common sense, but I guess the "tribal chief" doesn't agree. 

Like I did for Night 1 there were 92 minutes of wrestling on a 228 minute long Night 2. Pacing was still an issue on Night 2. I mean it took literally 20 minutes from the start of Night 2 for the bell to ring on the first match of the night. WWE can do a lot better. Just because you have 8+ hours to burn over a weekend doesn't mean you need to. 

Overall I give this WM a 7/10. There were a lot of filler matches on both nights that were only there to give everyone a Wrestlemania moment and it hurts the overall product. 

There was one massive other botch

Spoiler

If you watch after mcmahon celebrates with theory, when theorys music hits he has a scared expression on his face as i think he thought ut was stone cold 😆 he reacted too quick and got the timing horribly wrong. As soon as i saw that i knew stone cold was coming out.

Vince was full of botches last night. He needs to fire himself for the ring 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There was one massive other botch

Reveal hidden contents

If you watch after mcmahon celebrates with theory, when theorys music hits he has a scared expression on his face as i think he thought ut was stone cold 😆 he reacted too quick and got the timing horribly wrong. As soon as i saw that i knew stone cold was coming out.

Vince was full of botches last night. He needs to fire himself for the ring 

Haha yeah I noticed that too

Im liking the direction of edges mew stable. Think this could go very far and elevate priest. Also rumoured to be joining

Spoiler

Tommaso and rhea Ripley 

Edited by Demitri_C

Â