News story of the day

BOF

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Miss Hitler.jpg

This is the 'lady' in question  🤣, schoolboy error missing the moustache off the snowman ffs 

Edited by Follyfoot

• 1 month later...

This whole story really stinks. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/17/man-fined-450-provocative-fart-front-police-officers-12865132/

Man fined £450 for ‘provocative’ fart in front of police officers

Austrian police were forced to defend the penalty after the Österreich newspaper revealed the man had been punished for ‘offending public decency’ on June 5.

Officers argued that the offender was uncooperative and behaving provocatively with officers leading up to the incident.

They wrote on Twitter that the man had been sitting on a park bench before getting up, looking at them and letting go a ‘massive intestinal wind apparently with full intent’.

‘Of course no one is reported for accidentally letting one go,’ they added.

The man can appeal the €500 (£447) fine

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nantes Cathedral on fire. Seems to be a large amount of fire in churches/cathedrals in France over the last few years. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53455142

Nantes-Cathedral-in-France-is-on-fire-13

Just reminds me of the Norwegian church burnings in the early 90s. Also weirdly Varg Vikernes has been living in France for the last 10 years... :ph34r: Coincidence? Probably...

On 14/07/2020 at 14:39, It's Your Round said:

This whole story really stinks. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/17/man-fined-450-provocative-fart-front-police-officers-12865132/

Man fined £450 for ‘provocative’ fart in front of police officers

Austrian police were forced to defend the penalty after the Österreich newspaper revealed the man had been punished for ‘offending public decency’ on June 5.

Officers argued that the offender was uncooperative and behaving provocatively with officers leading up to the incident.

They wrote on Twitter that the man had been sitting on a park bench before getting up, looking at them and letting go a ‘massive intestinal wind apparently with full intent’.

‘Of course no one is reported for accidentally letting one go,’ they added.

The man can appeal the €500 (£447) fine

I guess the stand off occurred something like this.. 

• Haha 1

So who was it this time?

DEJA VU LOVE BOUTIQUE MAN BRAZENLY STEALS 3-FOOT DILDO ...Caught on Video!!!

•  
f4063981b663495fa8deb25e50206a6e_md.jpg

Here's a real jaw-dropping crime, even in Sin City -- a man making off with a humongous dildo without paying, and even though the whole caper's on camera ... it might be tough to nail this guy.

We're told the suspect struck July 14 in broad daylight, and surveillance footage shows him calmly strolling into the Deja Vu Love Boutique in Las Vegas ... and walking out with the massive sex toy slung over his shoulder.

This is not your average dildo ... it stands a whopping 3-feet tall, weighs in at an impressive 40 pounds and goes by the name Moby Dick. Not quite what Herman Melville had in mind, we're guessing, but ya get the point: the suspect is packing! Big time.

According to the police report, the guy -- whose ID was concealed by a face mask -- crammed the phallus into a white car, similar to a Dodge Caliber, and made a clean getaway.

It's a pretty lucrative haul ... Moby goes for a cool $1,200, retail.

Deja Vu is now offering a cash reward for any info leading to Moby Dick's return. Little incentive for all you amateur Ahabs out there.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/21/thief-steals-dildo-las-vegas-three-feet-tall-forty-pounds-moby-dick/

Edited by sne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh this could have gone in so many topics by hey...

Motorways to trial 60mph limits to cut pollution

The speed limit will be cut on parts of four motorways before October in a trial to reduce pollution, Highways England has said.

It will be reduced from 70mph to 60mph in areas that have seen higher than recommended levels of nitrogen dioxide.

The trial will take place on stretches of nearly five miles.

It will be on M6 junctions 6 to 7 by Witton, M1 junctions 33 to 34 by Rotherham, M602 junctions 1 to 3 by Eccles and M5 1 to 2 by Oldbury.

Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) released from car exhausts is a serious air pollutant and indirectly contributes to the warming of the planet.

The impact of the new 60mph limit will be reviewed in a year's time

Ivan Le Fevre, head of environment at Highways England said: "Ultimately the air quality challenge will be solved 'at the tailpipe' by vehicle manufacturers and changes in vehicle use.

"Until this happens we will continue our extensive programme of pioneering research and solutions."

BEEB

This is absolutely hilarious, I can't speak for Oldbury or Witton recently but... THE Eccles Interchange to the Croft Interchange has been down to 50 mph for at least 4 years causing tailbacks in both directions. The NO2 levels are because the traffic is literally crawling along whilst they turn it into a "Smart" motorway seemingly advancing an inch a day.

What causes (by far) the polution on the motoways? Its the heavy goods vehicles.... which are limited in the speed they can do to 60mph by law, so you aren't slowing down the biggest polluters, in fact most of those HGVs are self governed to 57 mph because its more economic. Its like the people coming up with these schemes have no common sense at all. "High NO2, slow the traffic down", even though its not going to affect the biggest polluters one bit or anyone anytime soon as the speed limit has been 50mph for at least 4 years, mighgt as well stop turning it into a Smart Motorway then as the Smart bit is only about ten miles long when it'll eventually be finished and half of that will be 60mph anyway.

Is there no one in these departments that goes... "hang on a minute...?"

At least its better than the Welsh version of this stiupidity, they've slowed down the 70mph dual carriageway through Wrexham to 50mph because of the air pollution, which makes the biggest polluters, pollute more. Retards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

M6 J6-J7, you're lucky if the signs say you can go over 40 or 50 at the best of times!

I imagined this was the case as it was often quicker for me to get off at junction 11 to get to junction 7 on my way to see the folks

"Chris Evans" is trending on Twitter.  I clicked hoping to see that the self obsessed, shouty, British DJ had wrapped his very expensive car around a lamppost. 

Imagine my disappointment when I discover the guy that plays Captain America has accidentally posted pictures of his erect cock. 

You click expecting to see news about a complete dick and all you get to see is a circumcised one. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh this could have gone in so many topics by hey...

BEEB

This is absolutely hilarious, I can't speak for Oldbury or Witton recently but... THE Eccles Interchange to the Croft Interchange has been down to 50 mph for at least 4 years causing tailbacks in both directions. The NO2 levels are because the traffic is literally crawling along whilst they turn it into a "Smart" motorway seemingly advancing an inch a day.

What causes (by far) the polution on the motoways? Its the heavy goods vehicles.... which are limited in the speed they can do to 60mph by law, so you aren't slowing down the biggest polluters, in fact most of those HGVs are self governed to 57 mph because its more economic. Its like the people coming up with these schemes have no common sense at all. "High NO2, slow the traffic down", even though its not going to affect the biggest polluters one bit or anyone anytime soon as the speed limit has been 50mph for at least 4 years, mighgt as well stop turning it into a Smart Motorway then as the Smart bit is only about ten miles long when it'll eventually be finished and half of that will be 60mph anyway.

Is there no one in these departments that goes... "hang on a minute...?"

At least its better than the Welsh version of this stiupidity, they've slowed down the 70mph dual carriageway through Wrexham to 50mph because of the air pollution, which makes the biggest polluters, pollute more. Retards

I disagree a bit. Yes diesel trucks cause way more NO2 pollution, but as you rightly say, they are basically unaffected by this change if they limit to 57 mph, though many white Van's etc will be forced to slow down, meaning more efficient, cleaner motoring. Same for cars.

Secondly, you're right about congestion due to road widening works, but these are temporary.

Next, if the limit is reduced to 60 then traffic flow improves in terms of vehicles per hour past a point, because smaller stopping distances and vehicle separation allows more vehicles in the same length of road, more than counteracting the reduction in speed.

Next, with the amount of vehicles using these busy stretches there has to be something done to reduce the resulting pollution. Its killing people. So either act to reduce traffic, or act to reduce traffic emissions. Or better still do both.

I think it's a good move, but agree that more integration of traffic management is necessary and that's where I think your case is strongest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

I disagree a bit. Yes diesel trucks cause way more NO2 pollution, but as you rightly say, they are basically unaffected by this change if they limit to 57 mph, though many white Van's etc will be forced to slow down, meaning more efficient, cleaner motoring. Same for cars.

Secondly, you're right about congestion due to road widening works, but these are temporary.

Next, if the limit is reduced to 60 then traffic flow improves in terms of vehicles per hour past a point, because smaller stopping distances and vehicle separation allows more vehicles in the same length of road, more than counteracting the reduction in speed.

Next, with the amount of vehicles using these busy stretches there has to be something done to reduce the resulting pollution. Its killing people. So either act to reduce traffic, or act to reduce traffic emissions. Or better still do both.

I think it's a good move, but agree that more integration of traffic management is necessary and that's where I think your case is strongest.

The real point is that the roadworks are temporary as you point out but it is the roadworks that are causing the rise in the pollution, take away the roadworks then see if you need the measures as quite frankly right now, what they are proposing is increasing the speed limit! The roadworks have been there so long, no one can have any idea what the "real" level of pollution will be once they've ended and the SMART Motorway takes effect. Heading into Manchesterthe M602 is only about 4 miles long and the last mile and a half are already 50mph (which makes perfect sense)

If white van man is the issue, then they could change the speed limits for vans on Motorways, they are already limited to 10mph under the car limit on all roads over 30mph, just include motorways in that (Again makes perfect sense-ish)

Its the same muddled (i'm being kind) thinking that says we have to have a congestion change on the main road heading to the Port of Liverpool because of the pollution. The lorries have to go to the port, they'll have to pay the CG. The money isn't going to remove the pollution from the air

Â