News story of the day

BOF

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Picture isn't loading sadly! 

However I did catch them live last year in the "Final" UK shows at the Birmingham Academy as had never seen them live. Complete and utter tripe. Stage set up was clearly way big for the actual stage. To say it was Spinal Tap would be an understatement. 

Manowar are really quite shocking but have a rabid fanbase. I quote enjoy a couple of their earlier albums but take it with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 1

...when the crew encountered something entirely 'out of this world'...

This bit isn't true is it

I haven't watched the video (settings at work prevent this)

But I'm guessing the metal or alloy is one already known to mankind

That statement quoted just screams BULLSHIT

2 hours ago, bickster said:

This bit isn't true is it

I haven't watched the video (settings at work prevent this)

But I'm guessing the metal or alloy is one already known to mankind

That statement quoted just screams BULLSHIT

Yeah apparently it looks like stainless steel, with rivets.

So unless the aliens commissioned British Steel to make it for them I doubt it’s going to be anything more than some weird art thing.

• Like 2

On 06/11/2020 at 23:06, Tegis said:

I had Vader and Kenobi in those original 12 back Kenner variants. Plastic robes and extendable lightsabers. Played with them to death.

Wonder what a boxed one would fetch now?

The double telescoping ones?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5585691/Two-ultra-rare-Star-Wars-figures-Darth-Vader-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-sell-100-000.html

May the cash be with you: Two ultra-rare Star Wars figures of Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi sell for a sky-high combined total of more than $100,000

- Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader models are sold for $65,000 and $55,000
- The figures were made a year after the release of the first Stars Wars films
- They carry brightly-colored plastic weapons that extend to double their size
- The models are so rare because the weapons were dropped by manufacturer  

4 hours ago, Xela said:

The double telescoping ones?

Jaysus :o I can't remember if the sabre retracted all the way but it might actually be the same. The box went in the trash on day one :D

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55154525

Surely the odds on those numbers coming out are exactly the same as 6 other numbers? 

I don’t know, I think the odds of any one of those numbers coming out as the same as any other but having them come out in sequence is probably some kind of mental odds.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55154525

Surely the odds on those numbers coming out are exactly the same as 6 other numbers? 

Correct

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t know, I think the odds of any one of those numbers coming out as the same as any other but having them come out in sequence is probably some kind of mental odds.

Nope

Every outcome has an equal probability. I don't think they are refering to the balls coming out in the exact order, the odds of that are much higher. BBC using sequence badly imo

• Like 1

No matter which numbers come up, the odds against that particular combination is staggeringly high.  But one combination will always come up against (nearly) all odds.   But intuitively, a combination with a familiar pattern will always seem to be particularly unlikely.   That's why most people who play the lottery will choose some combination that seems somewhat random to them rather than playing 123456 every time, even if the odds are equal.   It's our mind playing tricks on us again.

18 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

No matter which numbers come up, the odds against that particular combination is staggeringly high.  But one combination will always come up against (nearly) all odds.   But intuitively, a combination with a familiar pattern will always seem to be particularly unlikely.   That's why most people who play the lottery will choose some combination that seems somewhat random to them rather than playing 123456 every time, even if the odds are equal.   It's our mind playing tricks on us again.

Theres a very logical reason for not choosing 1 2 3 4 5 6 anytime. Its the most popular combination of numbers played. By a ludicrous margin (in the thousands iirc)

• Like 1

Adolf Hitler wins election in Namibia: Politician named after Nazi leader sweeps to victory but promises 'I'm not striving for world domination'

Adolf Hitler Uunona was elected with 85 per cent of the vote in a regional poll
He said his father had named him Hitler without realising what the name meant
Former German colony in Africa still has a small German-speaking population

2020 keeps on giving

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9013447/Politician-named-Adolf-Hitler-wins-election-Namibia.html

Edited by Xela
cleaned up linky
  • Haha 2

Victoria Osborne has never been able to give her 11-year-old son the Christmas he deserves because he doesn't want to make her ill

A mum-of-one is so "allergic to Christmas" she could go blind over the festive period.

Victoria Osborne cannot be near artificial trees, decorations, wrapping paper and scented candles.

The 47-year-old, from Formby, is also crippled with chronic migraines, triggered by bright flashing lights, such as dazzling Christmas displays - the Mirror reports. 
Victoria, who lives with her 11-year-old Gabriel, has a severe allergy to formaldehyde, which is used to preserve dead bodies but also found in artificial trees and ornaments, gift wrap, Christmas crackers, perfumes, toiletries and cleaning products.

2-AD98-D3-F-9897-4-AB0-B39-E-D2-E457-F8-

Could go blind but happy to post covered in Christmas decorations for the local paper :lol: 

Link

Late summer 2021.  Should we have a VT meet up ?

I have never met anyone at all ever from VT,  the structure of the site is changed and it is a community of sorts and if you manage to met up it means you made it through 2020 in one piece.

By then Covid will be dead and the UK will be awash with money after Brexit ?

Â