The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hearn is moving his fights from Sky to Dazn. Kind of shows how important the premier league is for Sky and if the ESL had happened they would have been screwed.

I sincerely hope Sky lose the premier League too. Sick of them the scummy barstools. They're part of the problem.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know it’s all fake and staged, but I’d love Mayweather to KO this clown. It would soon put an end to all these youtubers thinking they can beat professional seasoned fighters 

Me too, I’d love Mayweather to mug off all the dickheads who paid for it by sparking Paul out inside a minute.

• Like 2

I dislike both of the Paul brothers but dislike Logan marginally less. The day Jake gets an absolute pummelling will be a good day. In the mean time lets hope the other one gets a kicking. 

I see the one brother is fighting Tyron Woodley in August. It should be an easy fight for the UFC fella but I thought that when Askren put a pair of gloves on and look how that turned out.

4 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I see the one brother is fighting Tyron Woodley in August. It should be an easy fight for the UFC fella but I thought that when Askren put a pair of gloves on and look how that turned out.

Irritatingly Woodley looks to be a wrestler. 

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know it’s all fake and staged, but I’d love Mayweather to KO this clown. It would soon put an end to all these youtubers thinking they can beat professional seasoned fighters 

The money these " youtubers " are making, it's probably worth getting knocked out for. Mayweather will play with him like he did with the Japanese fella.

• Like 1

Well that Tommy Fury fight was pants. Obviously wants the big payday next, his old man calling out Jake Paul for the next fight. Personally I think Jake would bang him out. he will never make it as a fighter like Tyson no chance. Wouldn't wanna wreck his good looks for a start.

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Irritatingly Woodley looks to be a wrestler. 

He is but is a different prospect to Askren. Askren is probably the least athletic elite level wrestler as well as self-admittedly being the worst boxer in MMA history whereas Woodley actually improved his boxing skills over his career to the point they actually earned him victories.

He's about 40 years old now, has lost his last 4 in a row, visibly started to slow down and has taken more damage than is ideal but as long as he hasn't been paid to take a dive then he should still have the power and timing to hurt the celebrity guy.

• Like 2

On 06/06/2021 at 07:17, YouUnastanFren said:

He is but is a different prospect to Askren. Askren is probably the least athletic elite level wrestler as well as self-admittedly being the worst boxer in MMA history whereas Woodley actually improved his boxing skills over his career to the point they actually earned him victories.

He's about 40 years old now, has lost his last 4 in a row, visibly started to slow down and has taken more damage than is ideal but as long as he hasn't been paid to take a dive then he should still have the power and timing to hurt the celebrity guy.

No MMA fighter has a boxing game that can be transferred to a boxing fight. It's a myth. Ok we can say their stand up game or whatever you call it is good but it's not boxing in a boxing sense. When an MMA fight elects to stand up and fight, look at how wide apart their legs are ( understandable as it's an all body attack / defence ) The reason most MMA fighters don't do well in a boxing fight is because they can't box, really. Stance, rushing in, delivery of punches - they'd be cleaned out in a boxing fight. This guy looks like he can punch Woodley but don't be at all surprised to see how ridiculously awkward and clumsy he may look also. Hope he irons Paul out though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

No MMA fighter has a boxing game that can be transferred to a boxing fight. It's a myth. Ok we can say their stand up game or whatever you call it is good but it's not boxing in a boxing sense. When an MMA fight elects to stand up and fight, look at how wide apart their legs are ( understandable as it's an all body attack / defence ) The reason most MMA fighters don't do well in a boxing fight is because they can't box, really. Stance, rushing in, delivery of punches - they'd be cleaned out in a boxing fight. This guy looks like he can punch Woodley but don't be at all surprised to see how ridiculously awkward and clumsy he may look also. Hope he irons Paul out though.

Striking in MMA and boxing are obviously very different but there are/have been several over the years who have/could have transitioned and made some kind of career out of it. Woodley is definitely not one of them.

The same is definitely true the other way as well. At the end of the day it's just a case of training for the rule set. Kermit Cintron could've won the UFC LW title if he'd transitioned 10 years ago. 

Mayweather certainly showed him the difference between amateur and professional. I think into the 2nd round Logan new there wasn't a chance.  Bit of entertainment it was really, an obviously some free money for them both.

For some unknown reason I got up and watched that Mayweather vs Logan "fight"

Glad to see I've continued my streak of only watching incredibly shit fights.

Was clear after about round 3 that nobody was going to get knocked out, and with there being no winner it made it pointless.

I wish there was away to ban clinches or seriously limit them. As a very casual boxing viewer, it seems to ruin so many fights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

For some unknown reason I got up and watched that Mayweather vs Logan "fight"

Glad to see I've continued my streak of only watching incredibly shit fights.

Was clear after about round 3 that nobody was going to get knocked out, and with there being no winner it made it pointless.

I wish there was away to ban clinches or seriously limit them. As a very casual boxing viewer, it seems to ruin so many fights

was it PPV and if so did you PPV?

Â