The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

So glad Caleb Plant had the balls to address the Cheating controversy around Canelo. Too many people staying silent on this shit, and let's not forget, Valdez also failed a drug test and it's no coincidence that he has the same trainer as Canelo..

No wonder Ginger Bollocks got so angry, the truth often hurts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

So glad Caleb Plant had the balls to address the Cheating controversy around Canelo. Too many people staying silent on this shit, and let's not forget, Valdez also failed a drug test and it's no coincidence that he has the same trainer as Canelo..

Great article here about Canelo GGG 2 and a great clip of Teddy Atlas doing what Teddy Atlas does best summing up the fight. It also goes on to express a view of how GGG was denied his seat amongst the great middleweights due to Ginger Spices shenanigans which is difficult to dispute . 

https://www.thefightcity.com/canelo-vs-ggg-2-last-word-boxing/

Canelo vs Golovkin II: The Last Word

By Robert Portis · On September 15, 2021

It was three years ago today that boxing finally got the rematch it needed: Golovkin vs Canelo II. The word ‘finally’  here is a loaded one, with various connotations, and it applies equally to the interminable wait suffered by action-starved fight fans after it became crystal clear that the two best fighters competing at 160 pounds were Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin. That was back in 2015, when Alvarez defeated Miguel Cotto, but for various reasons a Golovkin vs Canelo showdown did not happen until September of 2017.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He’ll be tested for this fight. He’ll be clean. And he’ll absolutely rinse Plant. Fool threw hands first, got countered and went home with a cut on his jaw. He must be shitting himself knowing he couldn’t even land a freebie on Canelo. 

47 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He’ll be tested for this fight. He’ll be clean. And he’ll absolutely rinse Plant. Fool threw hands first, got countered and went home with a cut on his jaw. He must be shitting himself knowing he couldn’t even land a freebie on Canelo. 

I couldn't give a Tom Tit how clean he will be, in my eyes he's a cheat and kudos to plant for bringing it up. About time someone said what needs to be said. 

I'm not interested in fisticuffs at a press conference. Plant was dressed like he was going to a wedding . It's ridiculous to read anything into that nonsense, except maybe, Camelo is showing signs of roid rage. He was happy to call Andrade a MF, yet when Plant calls him one he takes it literally. Absolute bullshit, he was irked by the references to being a cheat and it was plain to see. Stop making excuses, he said to Plant. So he isn't even denying being a cheat.

I love the way plant said, ' and when you hear, still unbeaten ". That was a nice oblique dig at Ginger Bollocks. 

You actually believe Plant is scared ? No way, and we will find out on the night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I couldn't give a Tom Tit how clean he will be, in my eyes he's a cheat and kudos to plant for bringing it up. About time someone said what needs to be said. 

I'm not interested in fisticuffs at a press conference. Plant was dressed like he was going to a wedding . It's ridiculous to read anything into that nonsense, except maybe, Camelo is showing signs of roid rage. He was happy to call Andrade a MF, yet when Plant calls him one he takes it literally. Absolute bullshit, he was irked by the references to being a cheat and it was plain to see. Stop making excuses, he said to Plant. So he isn't even denying being a cheat.

I love the way plant said, ' and when you hear, still unbeaten ". That was a nice oblique dig at Ginger Bollocks. 

You actually believe Plant is scared ? No way, and we will find out on the night.

Hang on a second, pushing and shoving is part and parcel of every modern day press conference. Plant threw a punch at him. You expect Canelo to stand still and let him punch him in the face. He counters, cuts his jaw and you accuse him of roid rage. Yes because the most calm man in boxing would stand there and let somebody punch them at a presser. That’s weak. You are deluded if you think Plant will come remotely close to beating Canelo. I don’t care how much he wants it or where he’s come from or how nobody in his town amounted to much etc etc. There’s levels. He’ll get knocked out.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Where does he call Andrade a MF ?

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Hang on a second, pushing and shoving is part and parcel of every modern day press conference. Plant threw a punch at him. You expect Canelo to stand still and let him punch him in the face. He counters, cuts his jaw and you accuse him of roid rage. Yes because the most calm man in boxing would stand there and let somebody punch them at a presser. That’s weak. You are deluded if you think Plant will come remotely close to beating Canelo. I don’t care how much he wants it or where he’s come from or how nobody in his town amounted to much etc etc. There’s levels. He’ll get knocked out.

He can go about dodging Benavidez then 

15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You are clutching 😂 Canelo avoiding Benavidez, dear oh dear 🤦‍♂️

Let’s get the Plant  fiasco done and dusted  with and see what happens 😉 He fights a week after Canelo, let’s take it from there

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Canelo was the aggressor. He pushed Plant hard with both hands. He didn't cut his jaw it was by his eye because his glasses scratched him as they fell off..

Why was Canelo so aggressive.? I believe because Plant got under his skin with the cheat jibes. The silence in boxing concerning steroid use is shameful. I hope Plant reminds Canelo every time they come face to face.

17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Canelo was the aggressor. He pushed Plant hard with both hands. He didn't cut his jaw it was by his eye because his glasses scratched him as they fell off..

Why was Canelo so aggressive.? I believe because Plant got under his skin with the cheat jibes. The silence in boxing concerning steroid use is shameful. I hope Plant reminds Canelo every time they come face to face.

He can remind him as much as he wants, it’ll change nothing from the fact he’ll be staring up at the ceiling on fight night. Saunders wound Canelo up too. He broke his eye socket. I wouldn’t read too much into Canelo getting rilled up. He doesn’t fight on emotion or adrenaline.

28 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Benavidez has beaten nobody of note to suggest he’d hang with Canelo.

I agree but styles make fights and I see Benevidez’s giving Canelo all sorts of problems. Like I said we shall see how this pans out but I have a sneaky feeling Canelo wants no part of him

3 minutes ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

Ive been try to find betting odds for Fury and Joshua to both lose there respective fights without success.

Any ideas?

10.48/1 on sky bet for the double

Â