The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

That Mexican steak is powerful stuff. I wonder does Canelo have the plaster of paris powder down the gloves too? Strange someone as heavy handed and with as many fights as him doesn't have any broken hand issues. I'm delighted BJS got his career ended, he's 100% scum. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

That Mexican steak is powerful stuff. I wonder does Canelo have the plaster of paris powder down the gloves too? Strange someone as heavy handed and with as many fights as him doesn't have any broken hand issues. I'm delighted BJS got his career ended, he's 100% scum. 

Just to add a little bit more fuel to the fire, Canelo wears horsehair padded gloves that give far less protection to his knuckles than a standard padded glove So that would be even more pressure on his hands and also explains his heavy handedness to a degree but as you say no hand issues ever, maybe a little horsehair plaster mix? 

Amir Khan said if he wore the same gloves  his hands would disintegrate

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Just to add a little bit more fuel to the fire, Canelo wears horsehair padded gloves that give far less protection to his knuckles than a standard padded glove So that would be even more pressure on his hands and also explains his heavy handedness to a degree but as you say no hand issues ever, maybe a little horsehair plaster mix? 

Amir Khan said if he wore the same gloves  his hands would disintegrate

I'm still trying to work out how Triple G didn’t budge from that punch from Canelo. 

Aftee canelo beats plant. Whats next? Maybe drop a weight class and spence moves up ?

Cant see anyone else who might give him problems. I think spence might give canelo a good fight pending on the weight class

Fury v Joshua in Saudi Arabia on 7th or 14th August confirmed by Hearn.

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury's world heavyweight title fight will take place in Saudi Arabia, says Eddie Hearn.

A specific venue and date is yet to be confirmed for the all-British bout, which will see the winner become the undisputed heavyweight champion.

Hearn, Joshua's promoter, suggested it could take place on either 7 August or 14 August.

"It's a very bad secret that the fight is happening in Saudi Arabia," Hearn told Sky Sports.

He added they were working with the "same people" as they did for Joshua's rematch against Andy Ruiz Jr.

BBC

Clearly the UK wasn’t going to pay enough otherwise they wouldn’t have been looking at other locations.

Middle East much better than the USA, still stinks that it’s not here though.

23 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm still trying to work out how Triple G didn’t budge from that punch from Canelo. 

Cast iron jaw mate 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 11:53, Demitri_C said:

Aftee canelo beats plant. Whats next? Maybe drop a weight class and spence moves up ?

Cant see anyone else who might give him problems. I think spence might give canelo a good fight pending on the weight class

Mayweather, canelo wasn't good enough last time, Money won't be good enough this time, evens it up a bit, don't laugh it would be massive$$$ so anything can happen. Then they have a decider exhibition match when they old.

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Mayweather, canelo wasn't good enough last time, Money won't be good enough this time, evens it up a bit, don't laugh it would be massive$$$ so anything can happen. Then they have a decider exhibition match when they old.

This canelo would beat Mayweather no question. Mayweather is old now he wouldnt want this fight  and you cant blame him. It wiuld bw a death wish for him. 

This canelo vs mayweather at his prime now that would be a fight. Even though mayweather is unbelievablely good boxer that rary get hit. I think canelos power now will be too much for mayweather. Also he is a smarter boxer now. He is more patient and smarter boxer.  Saunders rarely gets hit and canelo hurt him bad. So God knows what he would do to mayweather if he hit him now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This canelo would beat Mayweather no question. Mayweather is old now he wouldnt want this fight  and you cant blame him. It wiuld bw a death wish for him. 

This canelo vs mayweather at his prime now that would be a fight. Even though mayweather is unbelievablely good boxer that rary get hit. I think canelos power now will be too much for mayweather. Also he is a smarter boxer now. He is more patient and smarter boxer.  Saunders rarely gets hit and canelo hurt him bad. So God knows what he would do to mayweather if he hit him now.

One point to remember the fight would be at Welterweight, Prime Canelo versus prime Mayweather at that weight equals Mayweather win . Canelo is fighting over 20 pounds heavier now and most of that is muscle, no idea where he got that from

Edited by Follyfoot

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

One point to remember the fight would be at Welterweight, Prime Canelo versus prime Mayweather at that weight equals Mayweather win . Canelo is fighting over 20 pounds heavier now and most of that is muscle, no idea where he got that from

Valid point. I think if it was at middleweight canelo wins. That might be a stretch for Mayweather. 

Would rather canelo dropped to welter than go up.  Better fights there for him. Pac crawford spence porter

Absolutely no way that that Canelo and Mayweather will ever fight and I think that talk of it is just ludicrous and only comes about because most people hate either one of the fighters, they want to see Mayweather get sparked or Canelo get embarrassed, it just ain't gunna happen.

Canelo's last fight was at 168lbs and he is a world champion at 175lbs

The heaviest that Mayweather has ever fought at I believe was 154lbs

To even suggest Canelo drops to welter is crazy

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 11:53, Demitri_C said:

Spence is a welterweight!! Some pretty spiteful light heavyweights out there who Canelo needs to steer clear of if he goes up there after Plant fight. Beterbiev, i wouldn't be calling him out and Canelo name checked him last week. As good a win as Kovalev was, he was shot. Yarde nearly beat him. Canelo wasn't calling for Kovalev when he was unbeaten. Called him when he was older and beaten 3 times. Not a slight on Canelo, he's a fantastic fighter. 

On 11/05/2021 at 07:28, villa89 said:

The level of clenbuterol was so minute that the commission have said if a fighter is found to have the same amount in his system in future, there is no penalty. Joe Calzaghe ( great fighter, light puncher ) was riddled with hand injuries throughout his career. U can't go throwing that out there about the plaster paris just to suit your argument without zero quantifiable evidence. Chief second of Saunders corner would of watched the wrapping of Canelo's hands from start to finish. Doesn't appear they had any concerns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

The level of clenbuterol was so minute that the commission have said if a fighter is found to have the same amount in his system in future, there is no penalty. Joe Calzaghe ( great fighter, light puncher ) was riddled with hand injuries throughout his career. U can't go throwing that out there about the plaster paris just to suit your argument without zero quantifiable evidence. Chief second of Saunders corner would of watched the wrapping of Canelo's hands from start to finish. Doesn't appear they had any concerns.

It's isn't really just throwing it around with no evidence, stacking is still legal in Texas and Nevada and Canelo is known to do it.

Not plaster of paris but stacking the wraps, Not illegal but questionable maybe

Â