The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Garcia 3lbs over at the weigh in, now no title on the line

A shame. But it's more about "Egos" than it is about belts. I do admire Haney's self - belief and he has a decent resume. I do think Garcia as, at least, a punchers chance. 

Just reading the social media posts from other boxers regarding the Haney/Garcia fight. And who had the funniest post, Yep! Good old Gervonta. Clarissa Shields posted, "I feel sorry for Dev." To which GD replied, "Forget Devin, where Bill at where dirt at"!!!!!! I don't blame Gervonta, Bill Haney portraying Devin as the second coming, I don't think so, Bill.

People having a go at the judge who scored the fight even. I have to be honest, without the knockdowns, Haney wins that fight. Garcia was quite passive for the first 5 rounds, aside from the left - hook in the first.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

People having a go at the judge who scored the fight even. I have to be honest, without the knockdowns, Haney wins that fight. Garcia was quite passive for the first 5 rounds, aside from the left - hook in the first.

I hope the controversy creates a rematch. Happy to get up and watch that again and again and again

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I hope the controversy creates a rematch. Happy to get up and watch that again and again and again

Great fight, crazy fight and controversial from the moment it was announced. 

I heard Haney say, "Surely he has to give me a shot." I would have thought there was a rematch cause, unless Daddy Bill thought, "We don't need One." Wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

I think the Billam - Smith v Riakphore will be a juicy encounter, especially with the latter getting the decision the last time they met.  Although, I think BS has improved immensely since that loss, so I would just give him the edge but like I said, it's one definitely to look forward to. 

Just when boxing seems to being getting it's act together (albeit it thanks to Saudi blood money), it goes and shoots itself in the foot again by making Mike Tyson vs that absolute w***** Jake Paul an official licensed bout that goes on both of their records. FFS

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Just when boxing seems to being getting it's act together (albeit it thanks to Saudi blood money), it goes and shoots itself in the foot again by making Mike Tyson vs that absolute w***** Jake Paul an official licensed bout that goes on both of their records. FFS

I'm not sure how they can do that. If Tyson goes into it for real Fake Paul is gonna be leaving in an ambulance.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure how they can do that. If Tyson goes into it for real Fake Paul is gonna be leaving in an ambulance.

Because the Texas commission is an absolute joke and I have no doubt some money has changed hands. 8x2 minute rounds.

it's a shame this absolute disgrace is happening let alone headlining the 'event' when there is a rematch of one of the best fights that has happened in men or women's boxing in the past few years with Taylor/Serrano 2 on the undercard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

It's an exhibition fight. It's money orientated, nothing more. Saying that, it would be hilarious if Tyson chinned the muggy word removed. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

It's an exhibition fight. It's money orientated, nothing more. Saying that, it would be hilarious if Tyson chinned the muggy word removed. 

Not an exhibition, it's been licensed as a pro bout, albeit with a number of conditions.

Just now, tinker said:

Tyson will KO him, his style is to aggressive for Jake to hide, step inside and bang hes out, Jake's a fool.

I get the feeling it will be kind of staged. A kind of wrestling outlook. It certainly doesn't interest me in the least. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I get the feeling it will be kind of staged. A kind of wrestling outlook. It certainly doesn't interest me in the least. 

I think Jake may think that but i can't see tyson playing that game tbh, especially with it going on his record. Obviously if Jake can avoid him for 3 rounds he will win but Tyson is clever enough to cut his ring space down and get inside. I won't watch it other than the replay on YouTube 

Tyson was getting beaten by bums about 20 years ago. As much as I’d love to see him smash Paul to bits I really think a combination of Tyson being too old, and Paul being peak age/fitness will not deliver the desired outcome even if there is a canyon between them in boxing skill.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Â