The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Awful news about Sebastian Eubank.

Found dead in Dubai at just 29.

Just read about this. As you say awful at such a young age and with such a young family. His child was only born a month ago.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Everything surrounding Fury, Joshua and Wilder is a farce.

Its become hugely boring. 

Like the Conor McGregor charade as well. Was funny years ago, now its tiresome. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just read about this. As you say awful at such a young age and with such a young family. His child was only born a month ago.

Drowned apparently. Very sad.

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Drowned apparently. Very sad.

Absolutely devastating. I always thought he had more potential than Chris Jr but wasn't as dedicated and seemed to find the whole celebrity culture an empty vessel. It's hard to believe such a fit and healthy going lad could meet his demise in such a way.

RIP , Seb.

• Like 2

On 10/07/2021 at 10:02, sheepyvillian said:

Absolutely devastating. I always thought he had more potential than Chris Jr but wasn't as dedicated and seemed to find the whole celebrity culture an empty vessel. It's hard to believe such a fit and healthy going lad could meet his demise in such a way.

RIP , Seb.

Heart attack whilst swimming. So, sad. Became a father only a month ago.

Sebastian Eubank died after a "massive heart attack" that was linked to a pre-existing heart condition of which his family was unaware, his widow has said. 

The son of former middleweight boxing champion Chris Eubank died on Friday, a month after becoming a father.

His widow, Salma Abdelati, said the 29-year-old had the heart attack while in the sea in Dubai. 

She said she was grateful "he was able to spend a few short and happy weeks with his son before his death".

BBC

See the source image

Didn't notice this thread before. However this was a legendary boxing venue back in the day. Like a ships galley in the old function room. Gym upstairs.

I boxed here 3 or 4 times as an amateur back in the day. Always loved it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What a wonderful achievement by Galal Yafai, to win the gold medal and our first in boxing at these games. I really like this kids style and I believe it will be even better in the pro game. His style reminds me of the way Aaron Proyr used to fight, that non stop always buzzing action. This kid could go on to have a real stellar career, and it's all the sweeter in the fact that he represents my wonderful City. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

What a wonderful achievement by Galal Yafai, to win the gold medal and our first in boxing at these games. I really like this kids style and I believe it will be even better in the pro game. His style reminds me of the way Aaron Proyr used to fight, that non stop always buzzing action. This kid could go on to have a real stellar career, and it's all the sweeter in the fact that he represents my wonderful City. 

I agree with all of that, he does have one rather   Unpalatable aspect mind

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

David Haye returning to fight his billionaieemre buddy. They couldn’t even hide the trashtalk scam from the press conference 

Can’t believe he’s broke again after his last comeback fights (which he lost).

Â