PL: Man Utd a Match Thread 2009/12/12 17:30

limpid

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya we would have to be happy with a point. The way Carew played at Old trafford last year would probably in my opinion give him the edge of Heskey. Would play 2 up front and attack them as if we sit off them they will eventually break us down. Scholes out is a big plus. Keep Milner in the centre as he should be well able to look after himself up against Carrick and Anderson.

I'm not getting my hopes up, nosiree bob, not me.

Anything more than 0 points will be a pleasant surprise.

This is my attitude for this one. I fancy our chances to nick something, and it certainly won't be easy for United.

But I'm expecting zero points, so anything above that will be a bonus.

I'm not getting my hopes up, nosiree bob, not me.

Anything more than 0 points will be a pleasant surprise.

This is my attitude for this one. I fancy our chances to nick something, and it certainly won't be easy for United.

But I'm expecting zero points, so anything above that will be a bonus.

Agree with this I am not expecting anything just hope we don't lose in the same manner we did last year otherwise I will be gutted on the way back.

i really fancy our chances this season and they will not be taking up likely thats for sure! i think we cant go for 2 up front as there is going to be a real battle go midfield. I would love to be able to play the young, downing and milner threesome but i think we need NRC! Maybe rest young?

Last year was the closest we've come to beating them away for a long time and we didn't do that by playing 5 in the middle and trying to contain them.

With their injury problems we should go at them, carew bullied them last year when they had similar problems.

Exact same team for me.

Ha Ha.

Man Utd pair out until new year

Manchester United's defensive crisis has deepened with the news John O'Shea and Jonny Evans have been ruled out of action through injury until January.

The pair were both hoping to return to action this weekend following thigh and calf injuries respectively.

But the club have confirmed they will not be fit until the new year, ruling them out of five Premier League matches and Tuesday's Champions League game.

United have a total of eight defenders in the treatment room at the moment.

Nemanja Vidic (flu), Rio Ferdinand (calf), Wes Brown (knock), Gary Neville (groin) Rafael and Fabio da Silva (groin) are also injured at present.

In addition, midfielder Owen Hargreaves and keeper Edwin van der Sar are undergoing treatment for knee injuries.

And with Wayne Rooney (hamstring) and Dimitar Berbatov (knee) having joined them on the sidelines for the immediate future with minor knocks, Sir Alex Ferguson's squad is stretched to near breaking point.

More to follow.

I wonder if that last comment means more injuries to follow? :D

Like most other people, I am refusing to raise my hopes on this one. Expect the defeat and then it won't hurt.