PL: Man Utd a Match Thread 2009/12/12 17:30

limpid

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were struggling with injuries when we played there last season and we ended up losing after looking like we were going to win.

Let's just hope they don't unearth another 18 year old wonderkid who scores an injury time winner. ****.

They were struggling with injuries when we played there last season and we ended up losing after looking like we were going to win.

Let's just hope they don't unearth another 18 year old wonderkid who scores an injury time winner. ****.

Definitely this

sod it had few £1 bets

James Milner / Aston Villa 2-0 @ 185/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

Man Utd v Aston Villa - Scorecast

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Stewart Downing / Aston Villa 2-0 @ 245/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Stewart Downing / Aston Villa 2-1 @ 155/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Richard Dunne / Aston Villa 2-0 @ 350/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

Sir Alex Ferguson left with no defence for Manchester United's match in WolfsburgJames Ducker, Wolfsburg

Sir Alex Ferguson is wrestling with an injury crisis before the busy Christmas period that could derail Manchester United’s title challenge.

United have a total of 15 players unavailable for their final Champions League group B game against Wolfsburg in Germany tonight, 13 of whom are injured or ill.

With eight defenders and Edwin van der Sar, his first-choice goalkeeper, out of action, Ferguson will be forced to field a makeshift defence featuring three midfield players against Wolfsburg. Qualification for the knockout stages is secured, but the United manager’s main concern is the impact the injuries may have on the Barclays Premier League title race.

“Wolfsburg will be delighted we have so many injuries,” Ferguson said. “My concern is getting players back from injury and I have to look at the bigger picture. At this stage, my concern is Saturday [against Aston Villa] and future league games. There is no good news when all these players are injured.”

Jonny Evans (calf) and John O’Shea (thigh) have been ruled out until the new year with Rio Ferdinand (back and calf), while Gary Neville and the Da Silva twins, Rafael and Fábio, who have groin problems, are definitely out of the league match against Villa at Old Trafford and probably the game at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers three days later.

Van der Sar and Dimitar Berbatov, both of whom have knee problems, and Wes Brown and Wayne Rooney, who are struggling with hamstring injuries, are doubts for the Villa game, while Nemanja Vidic has flu and is not certain to play. Federico Macheda, the striker, has been ruled out for a fortnight and Owen Hargreaves, the midfield player, is still weeks away from returning after a 14½-month absence with tendinitis.

United’s 4-0 win against West Ham United at Upton Park on Saturday, when they finished the game with Darren Fletcher, Michael Carrick and Ryan Giggs in defence alongside Patrice Evra, moved Ferguson’s team to within two points of Chelsea, the league leaders — who lost 2-1 away to Manchester City — but with five league matches in 19 days, the manager is praying the injuries will ease.

Ferguson has only two recognised defenders available to face Wolfsburg — Evra and Oliver Gill, the 19-year-old son of David Gill, the United chief executive, who has yet to make an appearance for the first team — and is expected to start with Park Ji Sung or Darron Gibson at right back, with Fletcher and Carrick at centre half and Evra at left back.

Giggs has been left behind, while Ritchie de Laet, the full back, did not travel to Germany because he is ineligible, which has resulted in Ferguson calling up five reserve-team players from his Champions League B squad — Gill plus Magnus Eikrem, Cameron Stewart, Matty James and Oliver Norwood, who are midfield players.

“We have a lot of thinking to do about team selection,” Ferguson said. “The ones who didn’t play on Saturday are long-term injuries. Rio, we don’t have a time schedule for, and Evans and O’Shea are out until January. The Da Silva twins are certainly not fit for Saturday. We are hoping to have Wes available but hamstrings are hamstrings, so that’s not going to be easy for us. Berbatov and Rooney are both injured and doubtful [for Villa].

“It’s worth trying one defender! Manchester United are always the first at doing something so we’ll try that. It’s easy to organise one person.

“We know we have a difficult task. I need to get a back four who can unite together and give us good organisation and good passing ability.”

A point against Wolfsburg will guarantee United first place in group B, but Ferguson doubts whether finishing top will be any advantage when the draw is made given the strength of some of the teams who may come second in their respective groups.

If we cant get a result this game we may never get one.

Times

If Vidic and Brown play then I don't think the team is weakened in anyway really.

Hopefully Brown won't recover, but I think this crisis is being exaggerated. Half the injured players would play tonight if the game meant anything.

SALF has started his mind games, expect a newspaper article pretty soon saying how Villa have a great chance of the top 4 and that their injuries mean we are favorites.........

Villa need to ignore Manures injuries and just play our game. Milner has a real chance to shine here, question is will he blow his lines? IMHO, NRC to man mark Rooney and one up front.

sod it had few £1 bets

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Estimated Returns :

Where did you get these odds?

sod it had few £1 bets

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Estimated Returns :

Where did you get these odds?

WilliamHill

Guest Ricardomeister

Our away form in the Premiership over the last couple of months has been woeful....5 games against bottom half teams and no wins and just 3 points. Based on that alone I cannot confidently predict a Villa win.

Add Vidic, Giggs and Valencia to tonight's Man Ure team (and I would be highly surprised if Rooney does not play on Saturday)...and a possibility of Brown and/or Berbatov being fit...and the Man Ure team has few obvious weaknesses.

We have to improve our poor away form very quickly or we will not achieve much this season. I think we will improve, but not enough imo to get anything out of this game.

2-0 Man Ure for me.

UTV SOTC