PL: Man Utd a Match Thread 2009/12/12 17:30

limpid

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes Brown was just stretchered off in the game against West Ham.

That's every single centre half injured for them now.. Apparently Carrick was playing centre half today (not sure how true that is..)

If they don't get any defenders back before out match, perhaps we're slightly more favourable..

Agreed. No need to change anything there I think.

Just depends if MON would rather play a 5 man midfield to try stop Man Utd playing.. without them having many defenders we might fancy ourselves to really go at them again.

I'd be tempted to play the same team as well. We did well there last season with Gabby/Carew up top. Would be fine if we swapped a striker for NRC/Sidwell as well.

I'd play the excact same team.

Seriously? Bring in NRC for Heskey for me and I think we'd have a great chance.

Yeah I mean I'd be happy if we did that but I just can't see O'Neill not going 4-4-2, I'm sort of accepting that fact, therefore I'd go with the exact same team. Like someone said, did okay there last year, Vidic will be back but they do have a make shift defence.

I wonder if we will ever get over the problem of Old Trafford.

Its not just us, Spurs and Blackburn off the top of my head just dont do anything there regardless of form. We're usually the same, has to end some time why not next week?

I would personally drop Heskey for Reo-Coker to give us a bit more in midfield, but that would be a little harsh on Emile given recent performances. I wouldn't mind if we names an unchanged side. I'm trying to be positive, but we could start 14 players and still lose.

I Reckon we should go the Liverpool formation 4-2-3-1 with gabby as lone striker and the 3 wingers interchanging in the 3. Wouldn't mind either Reo-coker or Delph as the Defensive midfielders.

The 4 boys up front will have enough pace and skill to cause problems especially with make shift defenders on, plus we'll be less likey to just hoof the ball upfield. and having the extra midfielder should help cut supply off to rooney. Need a Big game from Warnock as well Valencia has been playing well.