PL: Man Utd a Match Thread 2009/12/12 17:30

limpid

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sod it had few £1 bets

James Milner / Aston Villa 2-0 @ 185/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

Man Utd v Aston Villa - Scorecast

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Stewart Downing / Aston Villa 2-0 @ 245/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Stewart Downing / Aston Villa 2-1 @ 155/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

X

Best Odds Guaranteed!

Richard Dunne / Aston Villa 2-0 @ 350/1 ( Take SP )

Estimated Returns :

Where did you get these odds?

WilliamHill

Well, betting is something I rarely do. But I saw some advert for Bwin offering to double your stake up to £20, so I've bet £20 (now £40 with their offer) @ 13:2. So that seems to be £300 to me if we win, for a £20 stake.

Unless I've misunderstood this quite badly, I'm happy with that prospect. And since the game happens on older son's birthday, he is salivating at the prospect of being cut in on any winnings. Well, he would be anyway, but I don't want him getting expectations.

I'd assume they don't give you back the doubled stake, rather just the original one. So you'd get the winnings (£260) + your stake (£20) back, no? Still a good return nevertheless.

I think we can sneak a 1-1.

We haven't got a point at Old Trafford since 2002 so we're certainly due that at least.

Must say though I'm not liking the confidence on this thread as we usually get better results when everyone predicts us to lose! Even serial pessimists think we can get a result so strange times indeed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8400514.stm

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "Our form is good so we are confident going into any match. Nemanja Vidic will return against Aston Villa on Saturday and Michael Carrick will partner him in defence. Patrice Evra will play left-back and Darren Fletcher right-back. It's a big game."

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "Our form is good so we are confident going into any match. Nemanja Vidic will return against Aston Villa on Saturday and Michael Carrick will partner him in defence. Patrice Evra will play left-back and Darren Fletcher right-back. It's a big game."

Mind games. He also said Villa is always a difficult game for them. Yeah, real hard. Jerk.

Their defence did OK tonight, but given their injuries I'd be tempted to go 442 where I might have gone 451 otherwise. I think we should play Carew, he's just more capable, he and Agbonlahor could give Carrick a hard time. I do think there is an opportunity if we get a bit of luck.

Mind games. He also said Villa is always a difficult game for them. Yeah, real hard. Jerk.

TBH, 0-0 and last minute 2-3 last year show's were putting up better fights than previous years.

Their defence did OK tonight, but given their injuries I'd be tempted to go 442 where I might have gone 451 otherwise. I think we should play Carew, he's just more capable, he and Agbonlahor could give Carrick a hard time. I do think there is an opportunity if we get a bit of luck.

Totally agree. I would normally want to see a 4-5-1 away from home but would go 4-4-2 for this one for a number of reasons:

- weak defence

- I think Manure's midfield will play in front of Stan as they don't really have anyone in CM (now Scholes is knocking on) who can get in behind Stan

- we pretty much outplayed them last year with a 4-4-2 as they do play quite open football and that works for us

I would play JC aswell as Carrick really struggled against height at the weekend despite a comfortable win, although Vidic should pick up our Big Man.

I do hope that, if we get our noses in front as last year, MON reacts early and either replaces what I'm sure will be a tiring Stan for the last 25-30 minutes or supplements him and switches to a 4-5-1.

Here's to a 3 wins from 3 record against the Sky 4 with only our whipping boys - Arsenal - left to play in the first half!

Yeah, if Carrick-Vidic is their central defense we should attack them with two strikers. If its Gabby alone Vidic is just going to stick to him and Carrick just needs to mop up whats left, if we play two it means Carrick has to play 1 on 1 vs. one of them. I'd also rather play Carew than Heskey here, more potential to wreak havoc in their defense.

1st: I think scholes is suspended so they will prob have to go with Gibson and Anderson in midfield or else move giggs into the centre but nothing to fear there.

The big problem is Rooney and how we cope with him. Vidic will pick up Carew if we play 2 up so gabby with attach himself to Carrick so will be definitely lookin to try and use his pace. If Fletcher plays full back Young or Downing will take him on from the start and Flether could find himself getting sent off and it will be the wing that we will attack as Evra is a quality player.

Need to get plenty of balls into the box as they didnt not look comfortable aerially last night

Cant wait for it !

I'd love to be as optimistic as some of you lot and do admit that I have a thought that this could possibly be our year to "do them".

However, they knowcked Spurs out of the League Cup with a team mixed up of first teamers and kids.

They stuffed West Ham 4 - 0 and the Germans 3-1 with many players missing incuding two midfielders sitting at the heart of the defence.

They are 2nd in the Prem, into the last 16 of the Champs League (topping the group) and are in the League Cup semi.

They are not exactly crap are they.

Vidic struggles with pace, he has had to foul Gabby in our last few games in order to stop him (should have been a penalty IMO). If we start with 2 up front Gabby needs to make plenty of diagonal runs to try and pull the defence apart.

I would start 4-5-1 though, their weakness is in the middle, they have no Scholes and Carrick is playing in defence (where is Wes Brown?) that prob means Anderson and Gibson start, put them against a midfield of Young, Milner, Downing, Petrov and NRC and they will struggle.

They are not weak going forward, Owen has hit great form and Rooney is the best player in the league. Its gonna be a great game, either way. I would go 1-1, thats prob means 4-0, to..........?

It really depends on what mentality the manager and players show. I always feel that we tend to show a defeatest mentality before and when playing Man U.

I can remember when 'Deadly' was chairman, there was a rumour that whenever Man U visted Villa Park, the staff at Villa Park asked for autographs from the Man U players. I sincerely hope that those days are long gone?

Yes i know we are playing at Old Trafford, but we must also show the manager and players at Man U that we are not afraid to win. We must show respect, but not too much and not sit in our own half, inviting them on to us. Get at them from the start and make them worry about us, as this, without doubt, will be the best Aston Villa team Man U have come up against in many years.

I hope our MON firstly chooses the right formation. I would play Reo-Coker in a 4-5-1, just to give us that little bit extra defensive security alongside Milner and Petrov, with Downing and Young ripping into United's suspect defence at every opportunity and feeding a hungry Gabby. I would keep both Heskey and Carew on the bench, until such time, as MON would see it fit for a change.

I hope before whatever Villa team walks out to face Man U, that, MON has instilled the right mentality into the side and when the game has ended, it is Fergie and his players who have a newly found respect for the Villa?