PL: Man Utd a Match Thread 2009/12/12 17:30

limpid

My default position when we visit Old Trafford is that we will lose, despite their injury crisis which left them only able to win 3-1 away in CL (not my idead of crisis) I think we will lose.

What a brave prediction!

Seems to go against the grain of many.

I think most people are expecting a defeat, but just have that feeling that something wonderful could happen, like a win. Thats how I feel anyway

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My default position when we visit Old Trafford is that we will lose, despite their injury crisis which left them only able to win 3-1 away in CL (not my idead of crisis) I think we will lose.

What a brave prediction!

Seems to go against the grain of many.

I think most people are expecting a defeat, but just have that feeling that something wonderful could happen, like a win. Thats how I feel anyway

Struggling to see you original point then. As though you are hoping for different you are also expecting a defeat.

Match Preview

Villa have gone 24 games without a win against Manchester United in all competitions. In league games only, United are unbeaten in their last 27 meetings with Villa (W20, D7). This is currently the longest winless sequence in the league, and the second-longest sequence in top flight history - behind only Tottenham's 32-match streak without a victory over Chelsea from 1990 to 2006.

My God thats a laughable record

Start of the week i was confident, as its getting closer think we've got no chance. Its just everything about that place, even last year god knows where they got 5minutes from. I think we'll try and get at them and give a good account of ourselve but i think we'll end up just short.

Crapchester United is goin down, baby!

The (NFL) Browns beat the Steelers last night for the first time in a million years, so thats an omen.

I'm a fringe soccer fan and admittedly know very little about European football, but as a former athlete I can say that on any given day, anything can happen. How bad do they want it?

Shock the world baby, shock the world!

Nothing more danerous than a man who has nothing to lose.

Manure is gonna get "Rick-rolled"!

Crapchester United is goin down, baby!

The (NFL) Browns beat the Steelers last night for the first time in a million years, so thats an omen.

I'm a fringe soccer fan and admittedly know very little about European football, but as a former athlete I can say that on any given day, anything can happen. How bad do they want it?

Shock the world baby, shock the world!

Nothing more danerous than a man who has nothing to lose.

Manure is gonna get "Rick-rolled"!

In a nutshell.

Spoke to a mate of mine yesterday, who has been a Man U fan all of his life and for the first time in many a year, he did look a little troubled about the game. No arrogance and no predictions of a Villa stuffing for Christmas.

Lets hope this new found respect is not out of place and our team do indeed earn it? :flag:

Match Preview

Villa have gone 24 games without a win against Manchester United in all competitions. In league games only, United are unbeaten in their last 27 meetings with Villa (W20, D7). This is currently the longest winless sequence in the league, and the second-longest sequence in top flight history - behind only Tottenham's 32-match streak without a victory over Chelsea from 1990 to 2006.

My God thats a laughable record

Me thinks its now time for a change!

I hope we go into this 4-4-2 (I'm quite suprised I'm saying this, as I'm normally an advocate of 4-5-1 away from home especially in the big games), but that it how much I want to see Milner have a go at them from the middle.

Heskey/Carew to dominate Carrick in centre defence, and Gabby to outpace a coming back Vidic.

I can see us grabbing a 1-1 draw here.

The anticipation on the eve!

Anticipation has a habit to set you up for disappointment with Manchester United (in previous meetings)

There is a genuine feeling of optimism in the air for tomorrow’s fixtures and I think we have a great chance of getting some thing from the game.

A key player (there are quite a few for united!) I believe for united who will be missing is the midfield maestro Paul Scholes who is suspended.

I think Villa can capitalise on this with villas midfield of Young, Milner Petrov and Downing using their total football skills to work their magic! Although united do have Berbatov, Vidic, Giggs, Owen and Rooney back who loves playing against villa

If Dunne can put in another Heroic performance with king Carlos then we have a good chance of getting a positive result.

Bring on a Heskey Hatrick!

Up the Villa!

I'd like to think this is our time, we're due a win etc etc.......but I gave up on that line of thinking 6 or 7 years ago.

The last time we beat them in the league ('95) was the day I met my best mate and I feel like I've known him forever.

So yet again I'll be going to OT in hope rather than expectation.