General Chat

Stevo985

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Salman Rushdie's attacker pleads not guilty in court to the charge of attempted murder. 

spacer.png

He'll probably claim that righteously executing a heretic does not count as murder. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyone seen that crown paint advert thats causing a bit of a stink?

No but are you surprised? We live in a society that WANTS to be offended by something at all times!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No but are you surprised? We live in a society that WANTS to be offended by something at all times!

I literally was trying to work out what the uproar was about?

I was more offended about the shit music to my ears !

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's an advert that's been broadcast on national media, and the story is that they've found *gasp* dozens of people complaining on Twitter.

It's a non story.

But what is it they are complaining about dav? Ive tried to work out what its offending without reading the story just to see if i can work it out and i literally must be thick as i cant see whats so offensive?

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But what is it they are complaining about dav? Ive tried to work out what its offending without reading the story just to see if i can work it out and i literally must be thick as i cant see whats so offensive?

The implication that the women in the advert is a slag and lying to the husband about the kid being his? It's not a good reason to complain, but I don't think it takes Poirot to read a couple of their comments and see what their problem is :D 

It's a classic example of a media hack scouring social media trying to manufacture a story, IMO. It's a crap advert and the gag is a bit shit, I put it in the same bucket as "this cleaning product is so good, even a thicko lazy dad can use it"

• Thanks 1

It doesn’t piss me off but that bit about the chap hoping the kid is his and the implication that the woman has slept around, it’s all so unnecessary for an advert about paint lol. 

The one that does get my blood boiling is the birds eye plant dippers with the girl chastising her mom about being afraid of change, ungrateful little word removed, I know she’s not real and is an animation but she needs to **** off. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The implication that the women in the advert is a slag and lying to the husband about the kid being his? It's not a good reason to complain, but I don't think it takes Poirot to read a couple of their comments and see what their problem is :D 

It's a classic example of a media hack scouring social media trying to manufacture a story, IMO. It's a crap advert and the gag is a bit shit, I put it in the same bucket as "this cleaning product is so good, even a thicko lazy dad can use it"

Yeah i tried to avoid reading the comments so i could see if myself could work it out what the hell the uproar was. Obviously crown has achieved what it set out to get people talking.

I cant believe people are offended over it though. Jesus christ how many films from the 90s downwards are they going to get offended at if this offends them.

Edited by Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It doesn’t piss me off but that bit about the chap hoping the kid is his and the implication that the woman has slept around, it’s all so unnecessary for an advert about paint lol. 

The one that does get my blood boiling is the birds eye plant dippers with the girl chastising her mom about being afraid of change, ungrateful little word removed, I know she’s not real and is an animation but she needs to **** off. 

Havent seen that one. Why cant they just do adverts about the actual products instead of just having all this silly unnecessary messages in them?

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why cant they just do adverts about the actual products instead of just having all this silly unnecessary messages in them?

My Dad always used to laugh at elaborate TV beer adverts - he thought they just just say something like: "Drink Bloggs's Bitter - it makes you pissed".  :)

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Havent seen that one. Why cant they just do adverts about the actual products instead of just having all this silly unnecessary messages in them?

The message kind of goes hand in hand with a product like that

Â