General Chat

Stevo985

46 minutes ago, sne said:

Looks like someone has tried to carry out that fatwa against Salman Rushdie.

Been attacked on stage in NY and possibly stabbed.

Stab to the neck apparently :( 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You've mentioned this before, and I find it intriguing, as yours is literally the only case I've ever heard of with this reaction. Have you been diagnosed with anything specific? 

Not  been tested tbh  , a month or so after it happened the first time , I gave it another go as I was sure it can’t have been the veg .. but same outcome 

maybe Mrs H is trying to poison me and it’s not the veg 

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

When weighing up whether to have a bottle of whiskey a day, there are pros and cons on each side. It doesn't mean they're balanced ;) 

Whats the pros of drinking whisky? Apart from enjoying the taste their are no health benefits just negatives to your body. Eating meat is proven to have good aspects as well as bad same with being a veggie  😃

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not  been tested tbh  , a month or so after it happened the first time , I gave it another go as I was sure it can’t have been the veg .. but same outcome 

maybe Mrs H is trying to poison me and it’s not the veg 

When i did alot of veggies and no meat it gave me terrible constipation 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

When i did alot of veggies and no meat it gave me terrible constipation 

Mine was the opposite accompanied by lots and lots and lots more vomiting 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats the pros of drinking whisky? Apart from enjoying the taste their are no health benefits just negatives to your body. Eating meat is proven to have good aspects as well as bad same with being a veggie  😃

It reduces my stress and is very good for the health outcomes of my nearest and dearest ;) 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Yeah when I added meat back in i was fine. So wierd. 

On the subject of Red meat, it gets a tough rap but its not really that bad for you if you get the right type of red meat. Like grass fed or organic burgers.  The stuff thats no good is processed red meat like bacon, sausages etc

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Sounds like he actually walked off the stage so hopefully not life threatening. 

I saw people refer to him walking off stage but Sky News think not according to the live bit from their correspondent in Washington not too long ago. Hopefully they are wrong and he did indeed walk off stage - details are still very sketchy. 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Well that's far more likely to be an allergy than anything else. 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Would that be true though if the meat diet only consisted of fresh poultry and fish?   Seems like red or processed meat is the bad stuff.

Yes

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I could be being pedantic and  maybe its only me that would live on a diet  of French fries , Donuts and cakes  ..but technically if I did I would be vegetarian  ..and I'd also have dangerously  high LDL levels  due to the amount of trans fat they contain , so i guess you would have to qualify the statement and say some vegetarian diets :) 

but , that aside  I don't' think your statement is necessarily  true , not least because a few posts above there is a story saying vegetarian women are are higher risk of bone fractures  due to  lower intakes of nutrients linked with bone and muscle health.

Anyhows , I'm sure people know which side of the debate I'm on  ...  but I agree there are some benefits to being vegetarians, but  with diet there is no one size fits all option  ... the benefits for you might be enormous , but for me the benefits of being a meat eater are enormous , (not least because on the occasions when I've increased my vegetable levels I've invariably ended up on a drip in hospital !! )

Any diet can be bad. You can eat an incredibly healthy diet that includes meat and dairy. You can eat an incredibly unhealthy diet that doesn’t include any meat or dairy. 

But in general, a vegetarian diet would have benefits over a meat eating diet. 

Anyway this is the wrong thread for this

Theo Van Gough murder, Danish cartoon riots, Charlie Hebdo shootings, Copenhagen shootings, Samuel Paty murder,  Salman Rushdie stabbing. Another attack on freedom of speech by a follower that peaceful religion that must not be named

1 hour ago, Arj Guy said:

Theo Van Gough murder, Danish cartoon riots, Charlie Hebdo shootings, Copenhagen shootings, Samuel Paty murder,  Salman Rushdie stabbing. Another attack on freedom of speech by a follower that peaceful religion that must not be named

And Steven Yaxley-Lennon represents the Church of England

• Like 2

Bugger. Poor bloke.  

Salman Rushdie's agent has said "the news is not good" after the author was stabbed at an event in New York state.

He was attacked on stage, and is now on a ventilator and unable to speak, Andrew Wylie said in a statement, adding that the author will lose one eye.

"Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged," his agent, Andrew Wylie said.

BBC News

• Sad 1

I'm beginning to think those noses have a point about us. 

My usual burger van at Villa Park has started using brioche buns🍔🤣

I frippin hate brioche buns,  why the **** would a greasy spoon burger van start using brioche buns?  And why the **** are nasty brioche buns considered posh?   I don't get it. 

• Like 2

Â