General Chat

Stevo985

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because it's **** brilliant

When will you learn? You admitted to liking a very popular musician on this forum. By default they are automatically shit. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

This is one of the things I don't get. Why is his music iconic? 

I find it baffling but there you go.

Giving a serious answer. The beats, the dancing, the videos, the catchy lyrics. Just a perfect storm for me as a kid. Brilliant stuff. He was a superstar as well... arguably one of the most famous people in the world at the time. 

I pretty much know the Bad album word for word, even now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Even without the child abuse, I've always found the adoration for Jackson utterly baffling (similar to the way I feel about Elvis)

Definitely one for the Things You Don't Get thread.

Never liked him, never liked his music, totally baffled by all the adoration. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

When will you learn? You admitted to liking a very popular musician on this forum. By default they are automatically shit. 

full-house-michelle-tanner.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If you can see beyond the weird creepy worrying kiddy stuff and still like Jackson, good for you.

I always found Dr Shipman to be very attentive and empathetic to my nan.

Seriously? Even when he was dangling her out of a 10th floor window? 

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Boring concert, never a icon, lyrically poor, non original dancing, best selling album Thriller even now 76 million copies sold, a complete fraud, give me a pub band anyday........Yeah right!!

Amazing!

I won't deny his influence, but **** me, if that was on in the garden, I'd close the curtains. Not for me.

• Like 2

I don't think any 'entertainer' has hit the level of fame since, that Jacko did. In the late 80s/early 90s he was a genuine superstar. Reminiscent of the Beatles and Elvis I imagine. 

I'm not sure we will ever see anything like it again. 

• Like 2

Does this mean I can start listening to Lostprophets again? 

Seriously though, I don’t think I ever could. I can’t separate the art from the artist so if I even was an MJ fan, I couldn’t listen to him. He was just lucky he never got caught and found guilty. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think any 'entertainer' has hit the level of fame since, that Jacko did. In the late 80s/early 90s he was a genuine superstar. Reminiscent of the Beatles and Elvis I imagine. 

I'm not sure we will ever see anything like it again. 

Not "like it", but there's pretty much similar in some ways today, but with Beyonce, (and perhaps even Taylor Swift and Adele and Ed Sheeran and whoever - Kanye or Kendrick Lamarr and all the rapsters that they have). In terms of music "mania", anyway.

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Does this mean I can start listening to Lostprophets again? 

Seriously though, I don’t think I ever could. I can’t separate the art from the artist so if I even was an MJ fan, I couldn’t listen to him. He was just lucky he never got caught and found guilty. 

Brazen bribing of families kept him out of jail. I remember in one of the documentary’s the parents of one boy who was close to him said that they were moving house and Michael suggesting loaning them the money to buy it instead of paying interest on a mortgage, they could just pay him back interest free.

Then he later decided they didn’t need to pay him back at all. Absolutely not a bribe.

giphy.gif

Just now, Genie said:

Brazen bribing of families kept him out of jail. I remember in one of the documentary’s the parents of one boy who was close to him said that they were moving house and Michael suggesting loaning them the money to buy it instead of paying interest on a mortgage, they could just pay him back interest free.

Then he later decided they didn’t need to pay him back at all. Absolutely not a bribe.

giphy.gif

The parents were just as guilty as he was.

• Like 1

Â