General Chat

Stevo985

Just watching a documentary on Caroline Crouch, who got murdered in Greece. Cut a long story short, the husband said it was burglers who killed her and  tied him up, but he managed to untie himself and call the police.

All this was proved false, as it was found he was still moving around the house when he claimed he was tied up, police found out by tracking his mobile phone movements. Also, he said his wife was killed at a certain time, but they found this was also untrue, by gathering the info off her apple watch, which showed she still had a pulse after he claimed she was murdered. Wow!

You really can't get away with murder these days?

Edited by foreveryoung

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just watching a documentary on Caroline Crouch, who got murdered in Greece. Cut a long story short, the husband said it was burglers who killed her and  tied him up, but he managed to untie himself and call the police.

All this was proved false, as it was found he was still moving around the house when he claimed he was tied up, police found out by tracking his mobile phone movements. Also, he said his wife was killed at a certain time, but they found this was also untrue, by gathering the info off her apple watch, which showed she still had a pulse after he claimed she was murdered. Wow!

Guess we’ll find out if @Designer1stops posting 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

My Godfather murdered my Godmother in the mid 1980s

Similar story. They found him tied up but found his saliva on the ropes and a window he claimed they smashed was broken from the inside out according to the pattern of the fallen glass. 

A bit less hitec.

I think I mentioned on here that he turned up at my parents house a  couple of years ago when they had an open garden for the RHS. My dad was out and my mum was on her own as he tried to talk to her.... He murdered her best friend. She told him to leave obviously and was shaken up. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah i read about this. Its incredible they can find info like this. All the better as alot of people wont get off. Where was the documentary would be interested in watching that

They can also this type of thing if you have your house broken into or car stolen. If the thief has a mobile phone with them, it will pick up your mobile internet and from that they can trace their phone and find out who it belongs to. Problem is, with standard house break ins and car thefts, they don't bother following it up, you'll just have a crime number these days.

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i read about this. Its incredible they can find info like this. All the better as alot of people wont get off. Where was the documentary would be interested in watching that

Channel 5 it seems Dem. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Problem is, with standard house break ins and car thefts, they don't bother following it up, you'll just have a crime number these days.

They were really good with mine to be fair to them, they knew who he was, known druggie from the next estate over, he'd hit 5 houses that night, knew exactly what he was doing, it was Xmas so he'd taken the cash I'd put on the side ready for cards but left the vouchers because they can be traced, didn't touch my work laptop, took all my PS4 games and then some bags containing presents (which he opened in my neighbours shed) 

The police wanted him, hated him, made him sound like he was like plan b in Harry Brown the way he spoke to them

They phoned all the cexs in the local area and found he'd gone to Redditch to sell my games so they had him on cctv but that wasn't enough, we had a plastic runner at the front door, they pulled a perfect foot print off it, the word removed trying to be clever had tried to scratch off the Nike swoosh from his trainer, they said it did the opposite, it made it the most recognisable footprint they'd ever taken 

He got 4 years

He got in from chancing his arm, they reckon he'd walked along the train tracks on the back of my road and just tried back door handles to see who left them open, my partner had had friends round who were smoking out the back and hadn't locked the door, that was it, didn't have a clue he was in our house, it was only when I went to play on the PlayStation at about mid day that I even realised anything was wrong, I was walking round my house for a few hours not noticing 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just bought a TV with a solar powered remote control.

I can see absolutely no downside to this.

Will report back in November.

Remember to leave it on charge by the window every day when you leave for work, just so the burglars know you've bought a TV that no-one wants

• Like 1

That’s literally what we are doing. Changing our routine, so the remote now lives on the window cill.

We had what I would describe as a perfectly good TV, but I have been out manoeuvred and now we have a new one.

I would have to grudgingly admit, the difference to the picture on the old one (pretty much first gen flat screen) is incredible.

It’ll be used to watch Eastenders and Holby and Silent Witness, so obviously its important we go state of the art.

• Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

What the **** is it

Knife angel I believe. A sculpture made of knives to highlight knife crime. It's travelling around as part of a campaign. 

• Like 2

Yep, it’s the Knife Angel sculpture, made out of 100,000 confiscated knives. Built in Oswestry.

It’s an anti violence piece, basically. As Seat says it goes round the country and is put on display in town and city centres. I’ve seen it in Victoria Square in Birmingham and Southwater in Telford (which is where that picture above is).

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep, it’s the Knife Angel sculpture, made out of 100,000 confiscated knives. Built in Oswestry.

It’s an anti violence piece, basically. As Seat says it goes round the country and is put on display in town and city centres. I’ve seen it in Victoria Square in Birmingham and Southwater in Telford (which is where that picture above is).

In Aberystwyth today👍Incredible detail 

• Like 1

I hope it convinces all who go to view it to refrain from committing further knife crimes.

Not much overlap between those who go to view art and those who commit knife crimes, I hear you say?   Cynic!!

Here in the US we don't need such a statue because we've found a solution to help suppress knife crime:   We arm everyone with guns.

Â