General Chat

Stevo985

On 17/09/2021 at 21:22, a m ole said:

Yep, we’ll, now I do and feel mild embarrassment for how I used to not care and probably laughed at him a bit at the time.

edit; googled him, he’s aged like a fine wine anyway.

0_Luke-Chadwick-Man-Utd.png

The beard is the male makeup

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Ah the old trope regularly used as reason to reduce benefits, it's been a while. 

Ah see, I just presumed it was a shit joke from when you had to be unemployed to be on benefits. It doesn’t really work as a joke anymore, now people in full time employment need benefits to get food.

I for one don’t think many people are really that much of dinosaur anymore out of genuine ignorance. These days it’s more a nostalgic, 1980’s flashback / fishing trip in the culture wars between progress and hoarding.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nearly everyone has a mobile phone in sub-Saharan Africa these days FFS.

Well, frankly, this explains everything.If only those skinny kids would stop arsing about on TikTok and pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

That 'van life' missing woman case in the US has now become a murder case.

Couple goes off on a van based roadtrip, the man comes back alone with the girls van, and then disappears.

Not sure we need Colombo on this one.

• Haha 2

On 11/09/2021 at 03:52, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Trying to help 8 year old granddaughter,  really struggling with times tables (EG 4 x).

Any tips or tricks ? I was going to make things with dots on or similar but someone may know something better ?

ta,

I don't know if this helps ... but I was a lazy sod at that age. We had recite our times tables getting a star or something for each table. I had done my 2x table was not progressing. The rest of the class were going through the 3s, 4s and 5s etc. The teacher pulls me aside suggests I start catching up. The next two tables I did were the 10xs and 11xs. Having said that the times (multiplication) tables have been useful in my life.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

That 'van life' missing woman case in the US has now become a murder case.

Couple goes off on a van based roadtrip, the man comes back alone with the girls van, and then disappears.

Not sure we need Colombo on this one.

Just one last thing Chinds,  there are enough nutters per sq M in the US I am not 100% sure convinced.  Maybe 99%.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

36 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Just one last thing Chinds,  there are enough nutters per sq M in the US I am not 100% sure convinced.  Maybe 99%.

Just on your 1% doubt, he also refused to talk to the police about her disappearance.  I mean, your loving girlfriend who you definitely have not killed has disappeared.  You would surely be desperate to speak to the police to find out what happened to her? 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just on your 1% doubt, he also refused to talk to the police about her disappearance.  I mean, your loving girlfriend who you definitely have not killed has disappeared.  You would surely be desperate to speak to the police to find out what happened to her? 

Not necessarily (playing devils whats it) .  Imagine he hasn't done it and knows nothing about it for arguments sake.  The only way he could incriminate himself is by saying anything at all is my advise to him as his Lawyer (I'm not,  I am surgeon 😀)

Let's say he does a press conference and the 1% chance is in play,  50% of people watching are convinced now that he did it.  The general public don't come off well on TV,  it's never nice viewing,  that's why they do it. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It does look really bad I agree but weird things can happen in the desert I suppose.  If he did do it,  the plan is awful so awful its hard to believe.  

Â