General Chat

Stevo985

I have to say I'm looking forward to next week when I go and top up my currently 3/4 empty fuel tank.  Hopefully prices at the pump will fall as I'm am the only person in 100sq miles looking to purchase petrol after all the dickwads have paid through the nose this week for stuff they don't need.

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully prices at the pump will fall

They haven't really risen in relation to this have they? I certainly haven't noticed much. One garage put it up by 2p a litre but they've dropped that back 1p already

I saw one conspiracy theory yesterday that this panic buying has been manufactured to sell off all the fuel that was about to go out of date after a surplus was produced during lockdowns. It’s worrying how many people believe it’s plausible.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw one conspiracy theory yesterday that this panic buying has been manufactured to sell off all the fuel that was about to go out of date after a surplus was produced during lockdowns. It’s worrying how many people believe it’s plausible.

they are probably the same idiots that went out panic buying  the petrol  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

They haven't really risen in relation to this have they? I certainly haven't noticed much. One garage put it up by 2p a litre but they've dropped that back 1p already

I've seen reports it's gone up.  Bbc reporting today that it's at an 8 year high but I can't be arsed to dig it up and link it. 

No change in price here, all the garages are the same price they were a week or two ago.

There is currently a queue outside the most expensive garage, but no queue outside the cheapest (which does have petrol).

Far be it from me to suggest some people might not be on their A game. 

These calls for ‘key workers’ to get preference at petrol stations, I find it a bit pathetic. Who would we count as a key worker this time around? Nurses. Easy.

What if those nurses are currently doing telephone consultations and my missus is the key holder for the building? Is my missus now as important as the nurses? What if the roller shutter on that building is a bit of a bugger? Without the roller shutter mechanic, my missus can’t open the door, if the door isn’t open the nurses can’t work. What about petrol station staff? What about petrol tanker drivers? What about the gran that does the child care that allows the roller shutter mechanic to go to work?

This constant ranking of people and their importance. What a shitty way to make your way through life. Needing to know where your job ranks, where your post code ranks, where the badge on your car ranks, the logo on your sweatshop trainers. It must be exhausting.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

These calls for ‘key workers’ to get preference at petrol stations, I find it a bit pathetic. Who would we count as a key worker this time around? Nurses. Easy.

Exactly. By lockdown 3 90% of the country classed themselves as key workers and sent their kids to “closed” schools.

A guy who i know works in marketing for a company who make face masks amongst many other products, his kids went to school as he considered himself a key worker because his employer made masks in a whole other country.

Maybe if the government defined what a key worker was there might be a case… but they won’t.

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think Johnson would agree that all the people who went to Yale on student exchanges would meet the criteria of being a key worker.

Fixed that for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Even easier

Do you read The Scum / The Express / The Heil or the Star? (I'd probably add any Reach PLC regional title to that list too)

If so, no fuel for you.

Sorted

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Even easier

Do you read The Scum / The Express / The Heil or the Star? (I'd probably add any Reach PLC regional title to that list too)

If so, no fuel for you.

Sorted

Did you vote Brexit?

Yes? back of the line for you.

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did you vote Brexit?

Yes? back of the line for you.

The brexit part of this is shit for a multitude of reasons to me

Obviously that brexit has caused the skilled Labour to leave... But brexit took 4 years (?) to organise, did no one do any due diligence on the skills shortage? Why didn't they start training youngsters for this eventuality 2 years ago? 

My original Pro brexit stance of it'll get people of their arses in this country and force us to do things ourselves still stands... We just didn't actually do it... We've made a complete mess of the whole thing when it could have been spun in at least some sort of silver lining opportunity (I know even that's a stretch)

Weve seemingly put no infrastructure in place at all whilst the agreement delays were happening, we've done very little training, very little building of new manufacturing centres, I'm sure our service industry is overflowing though and we can all be really proud of what London is

The shortage of HGV drivers started years ago. The standard Brexit excuse that overseas drivers have gone home and left a shortage ignores the fact that the British haulage companies **** off employing British drivers years ago when the proliferation of cheap overseas drivers became available in the first place. That ended the career hopes for a generation. All that is happening now is that its come back to bite the UK hauliers on the arse. 

Â