General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Not necessarily (playing devils whats it) .  Imagine he hasn't done it and knows nothing about it for arguments sake.  The only way he could incriminate himself is by saying anything at all is my advise to him as his Lawyer (I'm not,  I am surgeon 😀)

Let's say he does a press conference and the 1% chance is in play,  50% of people watching are convinced now that he did it.  The general public don't come off well on TV,  it's never nice viewing,  that's why they do it. 

This.

I mean it sounds like he definitely definitely did it.

But the advice you're always given is don't speak to the police unless you have to. It can only incriminate you

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But the advice you're always given is don't speak to the police unless you have to. It can only incriminate you

Who's advice is this? The advice of a crooked gangland lawyer?

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Could make the difference between 30 or 15 years.  If it was you in jail and someone said STFU,  I believe you and I would do this.

One wrong word and its all over,  guilty or not.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think its more aimed at the US than UK. 

Nope both.

Don't speak to them. And if you have to never speak to them without a lawyer present. 

The police will be trying to make you look guilty. They don't know whether you've done it, and if they're questioning you they probably have a reason to think that you did do it. 

You're only going to make yourself look more guilty, even if you've done nothing wrong. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

A policeman once told me and the other kids on our estate that 

Don't talk to them, wait for your day in court

They will try and create inconsistencies between your police station statement and your testimony in court to generate doubt in you and your truth, he said its really hard to remember your statement and really easy for a lawyer to pick it apart so just tell the story once 

• Like 2

I can understand being very wary of speaking to the police - they will use anything you say in anyway they possibly can, which is why you want a lawyer present - but... disappearing and not appearing to want to help is not a good look.

Bolt that onto the fact it already looks pretty shifty and err... Well you'd have good money on he did it. I bet there's fairly long odds on this ending well.

16 hours ago, Chindie said:

I can understand being very wary of speaking to the police - they will use anything you say in anyway they possibly can, which is why you want a lawyer present - but... disappearing and not appearing to want to help is not a good look.

Bolt that onto the fact it already looks pretty shifty and err... Well you'd have good money on he did it. I bet there's fairly long odds on this ending well.

His problem now is that perception is key. It looks like he did it. He has prejudiced the jury, and the American justice system isn't really about who's guilty, it's about who has the most expensive convincer on their side.

I often wondered if both sides got together and tried to find who was actually guilty rather than going at each other with who can tell the best story, things might be better. But that's just me.

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

I often wondered if both sides got together and tried to find who was actually guilty rather than going at each other with who can tell the best story, things might be better. But that's just me.

I may be wrong, but I think the French system is a bit closer to that. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I may be wrong, but I think the French system is a bit closer to that. 

From watching many episodes of Spiral I think they all get into very expensivly furnished offices, whisper to each other in expensive suits and then have sex. Quite a good justice system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

From watching many episodes of Spiral I think they all get into very expensivly furnished offices, whisper to each other in expensive suits and then have sex. Quite a good justice system.

I do like the French straight-forward approach to advertising.

If you want to sell women's underwear, you show a woman in underwear.

If you want to sell a car, you show a woman in underwear.

etc.

• Haha 1

Just now, BOF said:

I do like the French straight-forward approach to advertising.

If you want to sell women's underwear, you show a woman in underwear.

If you want to sell a car, you show a woman in underwear.

etc.

Same over here.

Efbet TV advert - Supermodel with huge chest

Carpet cleaning ad - supermodel with huge chest

I'm sure I've said this before but a couple of year ago I saw one of those shows looking back at how TV used to be.  They showed some TV adverts from the 80's and had some really WOKE commentators on saying how dreadfully sexist they were, objectifying women and thank god those days are behind us and we're so much better now, would never be allowed today etc.

Cut to adverts and there was an advert with some large chested woman in extremely skimpy clothing sliding herself all over the bonnet of a car, it was easily twice as bad as the 80's ads they'd just been slagging off. 

Edited by sidcow

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm sure I've said this before but a couple of year ago I saw one of those shows looking back at how TV used to be.  They showed some TV adverts from the 80's and had some really WOKE commentators on saying how dreadfully sexist they were, objectifying women and thank god those days are behind us and we're so much better now, would never be allowed today etc.

Cut to adverts and there was an advert with some large chested woman in extremely skimpy clothing sliding herself all over the bonnet of a car, it was easily twice as bad as the 80's ads they'd just been slagging off. 

e3d479a55fbdbd235ae9cd08b911b80f.gif

Â