General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Me and the missus are going away for the day/night in October . Thinking of going to Oxford . Is it worth it? It looks lovely and I interesting. Will be plenty of nice pubs and places to eat by look if it. 

It's definitely worth it. I worked for a company in Abingdon around 10 years ago and had a few nights out in Oxford. Not as a tourist but it made me want to do it as one.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Me and the missus are going away for the day/night in October . Thinking of going to Oxford . Is it worth it? It looks lovely and I interesting. Will be plenty of nice pubs and places to eat by look if it. 

Lovely place. You can do the Inspector Morse tour before going on a pub crawl! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s a really nice place. Like most places, it helps if the weather is kind to you. The University and College buildings are stunning and well worth a walk around. Castle and prison is very interesting and of course the river.  Shopping and places to eat very good also. I’ve personally only spent odd days visiting the place, so have been very time limited but have always enjoyed it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Decent record shop ? 

I’ve just had a quick check and it looks promising, a place called Truck Store sell dinked editions and you can pre order the Gnod album. So I’d expect that shop to be half decent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Castle and prison is very interesting and of course the river.  

He's going with The Mrs. Would be a hell of a couples night out if they ended up inspecting the prison. 

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It is nice but worked there so many times I’m sick of the place and the amount of new builds going up there .

Leamington is better than Warwick, got more about it but I'm the same as you spent years working there, was working with the council and they said that they think it's prime location for JLR mid management people and their young engineers 

Got a stag do in Oxford in 2 weeks time, not 100% sure why, think they just thought it could be interesting to go somewhere none of us had ever been drinking before which with 15 of us going including a couple of away day football fans takes some doing 

How about Cheltenham or Gloucester? Or push it further and go Bristol 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Leamington is better than Warwick, got more about it but I'm the same as you spent years working there, was working with the council and they said that they think it's prime location for JLR mid management people

sounds like it might not be for vilers mate

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Stratford another nice place worth a visit that’s not too far.

Yeah Stratford about 5 or 6 years ago built a little centre bit in the town, built an all bar one and some other places, a bit like what they've done at the one end of Worcester 

Plus the only place we could ever find  open after 1am in Stratford is a bar that doubles up as a strip club so happy days 😂

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Leamington is better than Warwick, got more about it but I'm the same as you spent years working there, was working with the council and they said that they think it's prime location for JLR mid management people and their young engineers 

Got a stag do in Oxford in 2 weeks time, not 100% sure why, think they just thought it could be interesting to go somewhere none of us had ever been drinking before which with 15 of us going including a couple of away day football fans takes some doing 

How about Cheltenham or Gloucester? Or push it further and go Bristol 

Leamington is very nice. Love the town houses in the town. We are going to Cheltenham festival for two days in March so that rules out Cheltenham and Gloucester as we are staying in Gloucester the two nights. Oxford it is. Looks my type of place for a day out .

• Like 1

Â