General Chat

Stevo985

29 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Anyone thought a decent excuse to get out of an evening zoom quiz with friends or family yet? Please share.

Just keep saying can you hear me, then hang up

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Anyone thought a decent excuse to get out of an evening zoom quiz with friends or family yet? Please share.

Share the entry code on here, surely we can get everyone else to leave when we start joining 😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just keep saying can you hear me, then hang up

Slightly related , but on our group video chats about half way through  I’ll say “hello ...hello , oh I think my Internet has frozen “ and then I hold a pose ... then my daughter walks in and starts cleaning with a feather duster , whilst I hold the pose ... shameless stolen from Police squad but it’s the small things that amuse me  

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 3

How is everyone’s bookcase game on Zoom? We all good?

I’ve got a bookcase behind me where I do my Conf calls. Hadn’t really thought about it. It’s a corner of the house where people don’t need to get passed, it’s quiet, it has even lighting and the WiFi is strong.

It really wasn’t about showing people my intellectual book collection. In fact, none of my 4 books are in that particular bookcase. 

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve got a bookcase behind me where I do my Conf calls. Hadn’t really thought about it. It’s a corner of the house where people don’t need to get passed, it’s quiet, it has even lighting and the WiFi is strong.

It really wasn’t about showing people my intellectual book collection. In fact, none of my 4 books are in that particular bookcase. 

Maybe just as well! 😉

Spoiler

4-Gay-Magazines.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I have a David Irving book and The Bell Curve, I think people will be very enthusiastic about my need to seek out differing thought. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have a David Irving book and The Bell Curve, I think people will be very enthusiastic about my need to seek out differing thought. 

Does having to Mooney this make me a good person?

Just now, mjmooney said:

Does not having to make me a bad one? 

No my learned fwiend. 

It was just after mooneying it and realising I just made a list I was glad I was unaware of Mr Irving.

It's a good joke, but if I pressed like I'd be pretending to be wiser than i am. Mind you, that's everyday 😀  

Is there a term for this? Where one thing can be true but the opposite is not?

Not that I'm arguing my opening statement is true of course. Just another attempt at funny resigned to the dustbin 

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I made a silly error earlier by asking my wife what the point in buying a card for our sons first birthday was. 

She looked at me like I’d suggested making him sleep in the garden.

We have these watchdogs for things like energy and other services to stop them over charging... Is the greetings cartel the biggest con going? How can they justify £2 minimum for a piece of printed card? You can buy any other cheap product for say 50p and it’ll have a strip of card as packaging as well as the product you wanted... but if you want a piece of card with happy birthday on the front it’s £2-£4. It should be illegal.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

We have these watchdogs for things like energy and other services to stop them over charging... Is the greetings cartel the biggest con going? How can they justify £2 minimum for a piece of printed card? You can buy any other cheap product for say 50p and it’ll have a strip of card as packaging as well as the product you wanted... but if you want a piece of card with happy birthday on the front it’s £2-£4. It should be illegal.

Even this costs four quid!  :)

Screenshot_20200506_231414_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2

On 04/05/2020 at 20:40, Davkaus said:

I had a similar moment where I let out an incredibly loud and drawn out yawn, thinking I was muted during a "motivational" speech. 

A few seconds silence, an awkward continuation of the speech, and a few messages from colleagues pissing themselves.

Ah, perhaps you should tell them that's when you just mute the mic and turn off the camera so you can go to the toilet instead.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I made a silly error earlier by asking my wife what the point in buying a card for our sons first birthday was. 

Happy birthday to the little guy

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I hope that your missus isn't the type of person who sends you birthday cards from the cat ?

If you have a cat, of course 😀

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

Â