General Chat

Stevo985

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But there is already blue early on the board after the browns? Why would they dk lighg blue or dark blue?

That to me is purple all day long!

This explains many of your opinions on football

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Think it used to be purple but they updated the design of the board and now it's more of a blue colour.

This makes sense to me. as that colour above is not blue thats purple! 🤔

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We did a friends quiz last night and one question was very controversial. It was what colour is mayfair on a monopoly board. I and a few others put purple but the quiz master said it was dark blue!

How the hell is this dark blue? What colour is everyone seeing?

20200520_195752.jpg

Dark blue 

On 18/05/2020 at 22:00, il_serpente said:

Not terribly ironic, actually, when you think about it.  Starbucks and one or two of other roasters/sellers actually started the coffee culture in Seattle.  When I moved to Seattle in '84 they had at most a handful of stores and very much had the feel of a small, independent coffee shop.  The coffee was good and flavorful.   Even the McStarbucks of today is miles ahead of what you would get pretty much anywhere in the US outside of San Francisco, Seattle and small pockets of some big cities in the in the mid-'80's.

Also, Starbucks make a banging hot chocolate.

Had one yesterday :)

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Also, Starbucks make a banging hot chocolate.

Had one yesterday :)

Unfortunately costas Xmas special black forest hot chocolate is that good that I can't buy regular hot chocolates from anywhere else

Starbucks is iced chai latte for me

Good to see everyone confident their screens and devices have excellent and accurate colour rendition of a photo taken on someone else’s well set up up digital device.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Good to see everyone confident their screens and devices have excellent and accurate colour rendition of a photo taken on someone else’s well set up up digital device.

Look at you and your nice tablet with a orange and purple avatar.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I wasn't talking about the screenshots. I was talking about the many physical Monopoly sets I've seen over the years. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wasn't talking about the screenshots. I was talking about the many physical Monopoly sets I've seen over the years. 

It wasn’t aimed at any one post.

Posting a picture and asking for opinions on colour is problematic. I say this as someone that has seen £12,000 of bespoke hand painted wallpaper binned by a Client who bought it over an internet ‘sample viewing’.

Bristol, 2018, a private bank. One of the funniest experiences of my life. Client literally tore the place up in a mouth frothing rage that included some actual jumping up and down and the kicking of a skip.

Client graciously allowed his design team to select the replacement colour. We chose from actual physical samples, because we’re old school and boring.

On a tangent, if you have kids or other family members who want to play Monopoly, but you absolutely hate the idea because you recognise that it is in fact the board game with the worst game dynamics and game-playing experience that has ever been created, then from personal experience I would recommend the Monopoly Deal card game. Each hand takes 10-15 minutes, it's simple to learn and fairly fun to play, and it is possible to come from behind and win, all of which is not true of the board game.

81uMTxaxd1L._AC_SX355_.jpg

EDIT: Incidentally, Mayfair is dark blue in it 😉

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Â