General Chat

Stevo985

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Ah, perhaps you should tell them that's when you just mute the mic and turn off the camera so you can go to the toilet instead.

My brother lodges with me at the moment and we've both been WFH and share the back room which is quite roomy. We sit at either ends of it and I've twice let go a proper knicker ripper as he's been on a conference call, all in the name of bantz !

Trouble was, his cheap and nasty earphones with the microphone on the cord is obviously more sensitive than i realised, to the point where the others on his call have called him a dirty git and questioned whether he's been ripping up a telephone directory !

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh no, not at all.

She signs one card from both of them.

One of my wife’s aunties used to send us Christmas card from her & uncle then a “woof” from the dog. 

This is what happens to people that don’t have kids.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

All of my cards from my wife have my cat and dog on them and at Christmas I get a present from them too. It keeps her happy and I get a present. Whats not to like about this arrangement. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Genie said:

One of my wife’s aunties used to send us Christmas card from her & uncle then a “woof” from the dog. 

This is what happens to people that don’t have kids.

I’d rather get a card from a dog than a kid. Don’t @ me

• Like 1

Family members with pregnant wives have sent Christmas cards before now with the unborn kid noted on it in various 'witty' ways.

Neighbours with dogs have sent cards with the dogs 'licks' on them. I didn't know they had dogs.

My 'favourite' though - at uni I knew someone whose Labrador had a Facebook account. Never did find out how it felt about Brexit.

• Haha 1

A typical posting from our local 'community' Facebook group: 

Please someone help. I’m looking round pharmacys but no luck. I have a fish that needs putting to sleep. I need clove oil. He’s suffering. Can anyone help please?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Xann said:

Brian May hospitalised after ‘ripping his buttocks to shreds’ in gardening accident...

Freddie would be proud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Genie said:

How do you tear the muscles in your arse gardening? Unless gardening is a term for something else...

The precursor to tossing a salad, perhaps?

Â