General Chat

Stevo985

I just went to look for my old school 'trad' leather wallet to photograph it, but it's been so many years since I've used it, I don't know where it is. Definitely no zip, but a little slide-out card holder for about four cards (which actually still contains a 1981 passport pic of my missus, from before we were married). Totally inadequate for my current batch of cards, as alluded to upthread. My little card wallet bulges like Dion Dublin's jockstrap. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

@Stevo985 Did someone once bludgeon you with the coin section of a wallet?

FWIW: Phone in left trouser pocket, keys (and occasionally a tissue, I'm not ashamed to say) in right trouser pocket, wallet right-back pocket. That's it.

None of this "If I'm wearing a jacket then I'll pop XYZ in there" business. Also, the coin section (not 'purse' <_<) of my wallet generally has a couple of quid in there but rarely hampers my anus when sitting. That photo that Stevo posted of a fat wallet is just a gross exaggeration to support his coin-section-hate agenda!

There are certain things I have an irrational hatred of.

Fat wallets is definitely one of them. And carrying coins in your wallet is often a cause of that :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My set up is:

left front trouser/jean pocket for keys and change
Right front pocket for phone
Back right pocket for wallet (if not wearing a jacket)
Back left pocket free for miscellaneous paper items (train tickets, flyers until I reach the nearest bin, receipts etc)

If any of those items aren't in my pocket, they're on the chest of drawers in my bedroom.

Pretty much my set up but my phone is front left and keys/change front right.

Wallet is back right and back left is any miscellaneous paper/items I acquire during the day

I get home and the keys go in my key pot (basically a little wooden box) and everything else on my chest of drawers. 

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

If I have anything in my back left arse pocket, I feel as though I'm being molested.  It's that wrong. 

Right butt cheek only. 

Agreed. I sometimes have to put my work phone in my back left if my personal phone is in my front left and it feels like i'm being bummed by Donkey Kong. 

6 hours ago, Tegis said:

Did you get any answers on this one? The thread kinda exploded :D

I forgot I asked the question! I didn't really get any recommendations about wallets apart from you! :D

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not talking a purely a card holder, a wallet that has a specific place for notes, surely will also have a specific place for coins aswell.

Not really, although most makes will have some that do. 

Looking at the Montblanc wallets, most have no place for coins. The ones that do will specifically mention it has a coin case/pouch included

http://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/collection/leather.filter.html?=undefined&filters=2121434242

• Like 1

'Wallet-gate' has seen the most spirited debate since the classic VT sit down/stand up arse wiping thread of yesteryear! 

Coins in a wallet is mental. Coins are loose in pocket before being discarded into a charity box or a homeless persons polystyrene cup. Hate having change on me. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

'Wallet-gate' has seen the most spirited debate since the classic VT sit down/stand up arse wiping thread of yesteryear! 

Coins in a wallet is mental. Coins are loose in pocket before being discarded into a charity box or a homeless persons polystyrene cup. Hate having change on me. 

I love having change. Always comes in handy. 

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not really, although most makes will have some that do. 

Looking at the Montblanc wallets, most have no place for coins. The ones that do will specifically mention it has a coin case/pouch included

http://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/collection/leather.filter.html?=undefined&filters=2121434242

**** me, the cheapest wallet there is four times the cost of mine. Do they come with a couple of complimentary £20 notes? :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

kirsty gallagher done for being 3 times over the limit at 11am

thats a proper session

A bender and a half!

She got fined £85. Defence said despite the large salary she earns, she barely has any money. Crazy. 

Â