General Chat

Stevo985

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Cards in the card wallet, inside pocket of jacket.

Coins and house keys in right side pocket of jacket.

Car key in left side pocket of jacket.

Banknotes in left trouser pocket. 

What about your mobile phone?

29 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Wallet in right trouser pocket

Phone in left

Keys in back

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You sit on your keys?  

That's the worst set up I can imagine.  Who wants to sit on a small bunch of keys? 

That's mental.

The reason for no coins in the wallet is two fold. 

1. I don't want to sit on my coins (because I do keep my wallet in my back pocket if I'm not wearing a jacket, which is often.

2. Fat wallets look ridiculous.

Reason number 1 is why keys in the back pockets is very very strange.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I'd hate having change clanging around in my pocket. I've always had a coin part in my wallets, I've always assumed they all have? Why would you have a purpose built money holding device but then put money in your pocket all loose like? Doesn't it all fall out when you sit down? Nope, just no. Wrong on all levels.

Only crap wallets have space for coins.

This is thread worthy.

Coins in wallet for me, although only one or two pounds, and maybe a couple of 50p's. Silvers less than that can go in the pot at home, and coppers are THE WORK OF SATAN I HATE THEM. They **** pong, properly stink up your fingers if you touch one, they look gross, and I feel like I have been infected with the plague if I come in to physical contact with one. I can't say I have a real phobia of anything, but the closest I have to one, is copper coins.

So they wouldn't go in my wallet, my pocket, or basically anywhere. If am too slow to refuse the copperage, I will wrap it up in the receipt and dispose of it in the nearest charity tin. Makes me puke. Ugh feel like I have to wash my hands just thinking about them.

• Like 1

The main thing though, is to be consistent. 

Whenever we go out, my wife has to look for her keys. They could be anywhere - this handbag, that handbag, this coat, that coat, in the dish by the door, on the coffee table, ad nauseam, you name it. 

My keys are in the right side pocket of my jacket. End of. 

• Like 1

@Xela look what you did, you've split villatalk irrevocably.

I have a separate card holder for driving license, library card and debit/credit cards. In pocket. Wallet is generally left in man-bag with the tatty cards I barely use, but occasionally need, like the NI card, E111 card and coffee shop / waterstones ticket cards.

Coins are just generally flung with abandon into bag, as I always enjoy the lottery of having a scrumble and seeing what's at the bottom. Sometimes it's 5p, sometimes it's £7. What serendipitious joy.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I have a separate card holder for driving license and cards. in pocket. Wallet is generally left in man-bag with the tatty cards I barely use, but occasionally need, like the NI card, E111 card and coffee shop / waterstones ticket cards.

Coins are just generally flung with abandon into bag, as I always enjoy the lottery of having a scrumble and seeing what's at the bottom. Sometimes it's 5p, sometimes it's £7. What serendipitious joy.

Oh god I hate you too 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

I have a separate card holder for driving license and cards. in pocket. Wallet is generally left in man-bag with the tatty cards I barely use, but occasionally need, like the NI card, E111 card and coffee shop / waterstones ticket cards.

Yeah I have a smaller wallet, I think it's known as a slip, to just hold a bank card, ID and some notes for when I'm going out. Saves carrying the slightly bulkier wallet around and reduces the risk of losing everything if I lose it in a drunken blunder

(although, in my 31 years on this planet, I've yet to lose a phone, wallet or set of keys on a night out. Touch wood and all that)

Â