General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The main thing though, is to be consistent. 

Whenever we go out, my wife has to look for her keys. They could be anywhere - this handbag, that handbag, this coat, that coat, in the dish by the door, on the coffee table, ad nauseam, you name it. 

My keys are in the right side pocket of my jacket. End of. 

My set up is:

left front trouser/jean pocket for keys and change
Right front pocket for phone
Back right pocket for wallet (if not wearing a jacket)
Back left pocket free for miscellaneous paper items (train tickets, flyers until I reach the nearest bin, receipts etc)

If any of those items aren't in my pocket, they're on the chest of drawers in my bedroom.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I have a smaller wallet, I think it's known as a slip, to just hold a bank card, ID and some notes for when I'm going out. Saves carrying the slightly bulkier wallet around and reduces the risk of losing everything if I lose it in a drunken blunder

(although, in my 31 years on this planet, I've yet to lose a phone, wallet or set of keys on a night out. Touch wood and all that)

yep, just keep the essentials on you, much easier. Plus with keys, and phone, the pockets are quite full enough without a large wallet.

@hogso - definitely with you on copper. There's a strong case for just getting rid of those denominations I think, and hell maybe even the 5p too.

All this will be obsolete soon anyway. Cash will be the first to go, then all cards. A few more years and all keys will be gone too.

Then smart phones will be a thing of the past and we'll be walking around with the internet in our brains.

But VT will still be here arguing about which part of our brain we should store things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

But VT will still be here arguing about which part of our brain we should store things.

You mean there are posters on here with more than one part to their brain? Do any of them post, because most of the regulars seem short on cells, let alone parts ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

All this will be obsolete soon anyway. Cash will be the first to go, then all cards. A few more years and all keys will be gone too.

Then smart phones will be a thing of the past and we'll be walking around with the internet in our brains.

Then why are we releasing new coins and notes this year? pfft. You and your thoughts. 

• Like 1

If you don't have a wallet, where do you keep your cards? 

I don't use an old-style banknote wallet, but a small card wallet is essential. I haven't counted lately, but I'd estimate I must have at least twenty cards in there - debit, credit (>1 bank), membership cards, loyalty cards, driving licence, organ donor card, blood donation card, etc., etc. 

Stevo clearly taking no prisoners when to comes to wallet use.

For me its phone in the right front trouser pocket, keys/lighters in the left

Cards back right pocket and cash/change in the left. 

The last time i went out with a wallet i lost the bloody thing.

22 hours ago, Xela said:

- Contents insurance - how much roughly should i be paying for a 2 bed apartment... noting I have nothing of any real value in my place! I haven't got extensive record collections or valuables. I'm a man of few possessions! I'm sure i'm getting bum raped by Ageas on my latest quote. 

Did you get any answers on this one? The thread kinda exploded :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If you mean a part dedicated to putting coins in then no. Absolutely they do not.

Not talking a purely a card holder, a wallet that has a specific place for notes, surely will also have a specific place for coins aswell.

Just now, Seat68 said:

Not talking a purely a card holder, a wallet that has a specific place for notes, surely will also have a specific place for coins aswell.

No. Definitely not.

Â