General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

this is blowing my mind, in my experience, there is always a place for coins. 

Does it have a zip? If yes, then it's for coins (and is arguably a purse). I've never had a wallet like that, though. 

it has a zip, but I also have had wallets with a press stud thing.

This is my current wallet minus the chain.

810TqG5JVNL._UX466_.jpg

I have had wallets like this

63238_SW3BLACK?$PSPNew$

That said, it was a mare to get hold of a google image of a wallet with a coin bit.

How much are people spending on their wallets then?

Mine was about £20. 

Just checked and my wallet has £7.17 in coins, along with a few pound notes and a debit card. The coins are situated in a zip pocket which extends the whole length of the wallet and the zip is located centrally.

Approximate thickness of wallet is about a finger. And it's doing the job fine.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Then you've always owned shit wallets.

You are talking out of your poo pipe. 

All good wallets come with a zip for coins, a place for cards and a place for cash and old receipts. And Velcro. Like mine. 

These fancy things you're buying are a waste of time, like them people in the watch thread buying watches without an inbuilt calculator. A fool and his money....

IMG_0367.JPG

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am starting to genuinely feel I am living a wallet lie and considering walking over to west brom high street and get a proper mans wallet.

The second one you posted was ok, except for the coin pouch. 

The first one is a genuine embarrassment. 

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Nothing goes in back pockets - too easy to be robbed, and too uncomfortable to sit down. 

Only exception for me is house key with no ring on it.  I don't like my key being in amongst my loose change, so it goes in arse pocket.  Also means no matter how elephants I am when I get home, it'll be exactly where I left it.

• Like 1

I had a wallet once, despite my better judgement.  And sure enough I ended up getting onto a horse racing course (Leopardstown) with a mate at about 3am for a race, and taking off over a jump (they're much higher than they look on the telly).  The next morning I had no wallet, no driving licence and despite our best efforts could not locate them.  They weren't thrilled to hear someone had been on the course either, but hey, it's their fault putting it right beside a nightclub.

• Haha 2

@Stevo985 Did someone once bludgeon you with the coin section of a wallet?

FWIW: Phone in left trouser pocket, keys (and occasionally a tissue, I'm not ashamed to say) in right trouser pocket, wallet right-back pocket. That's it.

None of this "If I'm wearing a jacket then I'll pop XYZ in there" business. Also, the coin section (not 'purse' <_<) of my wallet generally has a couple of quid in there but rarely hampers my anus when sitting. That photo that Stevo posted of a fat wallet is just a gross exaggeration to support his coin-section-hate agenda!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'd hate having change clanging around in my pocket. I've always had a coin part in my wallets, I've always assumed they all have? Why would you have a purpose built money holding device but then put money in your pocket all loose like? Doesn't it all fall out when you sit down? Nope, just no. Wrong on all levels.

On a similar note, people putting wallets in their back pocket. Its like asking to be robbed. 

You had me right up until your last sentence. Isn't a wallet too big for a front pocket, especially when sitting/ bending? And isn't it also the perfect size and shape to slip into a back pocket?

I've always kept mine in my back-right pocket, and no-ones ever attempted to rob me.

Spoiler

*Although, maybe they just know not to mess with someone who got a Green Belt in Karate 14 years ago :ph34r:

Â