General Chat

Stevo985

Probably Richard Pryor

Out of the new ones Lee mack and that Glasgow bloke who's name I can't remember, saw Lee mack last year in Wolverhampton he was brilliant, 2 hour show, spent at least an hour of it ripping the piss out of Wolverhampton and talking to the crowd rather than doing his dvd material

Of the ones I've seen recently Jack Dee was the best , very deadpan and telling anecdotes rather than reeling out gag after gag

Alan Davies did similar though his act probably wouldn't have been as funny if you've never had kids ( i don't mean in the Michael Jackson sense )

Jimmy Carr is all about one liners but his act has been done to death on sickopedia so you know all the punchlines

Paul Merton was rubbish and I'm not even sure it passes as comedy 

Frank Skinner was good , he kinda stands there and makes it up as he goes along but is working a very loose to a script and I'm sure some of his spontaneous stuff gets used night after night

• Like 1

Crushed my big toe and had to go to casualty. No fracture, but not a pleasant injury. Honestly kind of surprised at the pain level even without a fracture???? Had to wear a funny giant sandal thing.

Edited by Plastic Man

Whos everyones favourite stand up comedian? trying to find some new dvds to watch. Ive watched stewert lee, sean lock, jimmy car, jim jefferies, ricky gervais, frankie boyle over 3x. Cant watch them again.

Bill Hicks. Best in last 30 years. 

Edit: oops see he's been mentioned twice already ...

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 3

If the confession thread was still open, tonight I'd be posting 'I don't think the Back to the Future films are that good.'

BTTF was great when I was kid, but it's not aged all that well in my opinion. It's certainly not a film I can watch again and again, no matter how many times ITV4 want to show it. The sequels are both pretty shit. I actually hated the second one, and I didn't even watch the third one until years later.  

I love the BTTF films.

Well, I love the first two. I CAN watch them over and over again (and have done). They're brilliant and nostalgic. The first one has a few cheesy bits, especially at the beginning and especially with Marty's continuing failure to grasp that he's in the past.

The second one is actually my favourite one. It's great.

The third one however, the less said the better. Let's the trilogy down. 

nah, I enjoyed them all really. 3rd one get's an unfair slating. However I shall be watching both sequels this week after a fair absence so I may revise opinion on them, although as I'm predisposed to enjoying the nostalgia of them, that's probably unlikely :P

Some of my favourites are Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Stewart Lee, Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, Kevin Hart, Richard Pryor (the best), Eddie Murphy, Frankie Boyle.

**** it just watch Richard Pryor. Hands down the best for me.

• Like 1

Some of my favourites are Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Stewart Lee, Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, Kevin Hart, Richard Pryor (the best), Eddie Murphy, Frankie Boyle.

**** it just watch Richard Pryor. Hands down the best for me.

If you like Bill Hicks - have a listen to Steve Hughes and Louis CK they are somewhat similar (Steve more around global corporate shenanigans, and Louis is my all time favorite).

• Like 1

He's a much better comedian than an actor, which is usually a toned down version of Louis C.K.

Not that big on American comics, not had much exposure to them in all honesty, and I feel as though should I watch Pryor etc, it would be outdated and not funny.

Pryor is still hilarious. His best shows are all focused on his life and relationships and his troubles, and they haven't really dated at all IMO.

Just simple but amazing.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 2

Oh add Dylan Moran, and Daniel Kitson to my list.

Kitson is simply awesome. I used to be really into comedy but he's about the only person currently that I'd go out of my way to see. 

How funny. I always had you in the same age bracket as Mooney.

No one's in the same age bracket as Mooney. [emoji6]

p.s. You swine. [emoji4]

Briny-ear, TRO and Veloman (among others) say hello. [emoji4]

Â