General Chat

Stevo985

Thinking of starting a sideline business running alongside my regular job which will consist of out of hours coaching/tutoring, just myself to begin, has anyone been down this road that might be keen to share their experiences?
Check that your employer allows this. Pay for financial advice.

Otherwise, go for it.

Financial advise in terms of setting up a business?

Advice [emoji4]

About making sure you've registered properly with the Revenue (you'll have to start doing a tax return) and are keeping adequate records. You don't need to do this, but I'd recommend it as they'll be able to advise you whether and when to form a limited company and/or register for VAT.

Legend Limpo, cheers mate

I think I need a tonic of some description.  For no apparent reason I've been feeling miserable for the past few days and effectively spent the weekend in bed because I had literally no good reasons to get up.  If I didn't have work today I'd probably still be there.  Grrrr, not good.

In my experience, weekends in bed are much less depressing if somebody else is in there with you.

I'm only a phone call away, hubby :blush:

• Like 1

I think I need a tonic of some description.  For no apparent reason I've been feeling miserable for the past few days and effectively spent the weekend in bed because I had literally no good reasons to get up.  If I didn't have work today I'd probably still be there.  Grrrr, not good.

In my experience, weekends in bed are much less depressing if somebody else is in there with you.

I'm only a phone call away, hubby :blush:

None of that please, you're married.

• Like 1

Probably all that fecking partying your doing catching up to you old man ................................on a serious note take a sick day and just enjoy the day eat an icecream or something 

• Like 1

Dear BOF,

Snap out of it.

Kindest regards,

J. Gregory

• Like 4

Once upon a time I spent the best part of 6 months in bed because I was just miserable. I have regular bouts here and there, so yeah, it ain't great. Doubly worse when you have one of those **** memory foam bastard mattresses like I do. Whoever invented those needs a good slap. Advice on good beds welcome.

Anyway, keep an eye on dat & avoid the Villa for a few weeks/months/years/decades/centuries.

• Like 2

The not really wanting to get out of bed thing is horrible. I've been there when I was unemployed for a while a couple years back and the weekends are still tough when I don't have early plans (most weekends)

It's easy to slip back into the routine.

• Like 1

Â