General Chat

Stevo985

House phone rang earlier so knew it was 99% chance someone trying to sell me something. 

It was a guy sounding like calling from an Indian call centre, he was telling me I had a £5k loan in 2004 and I was due £2100 back because of PPI on it. I certainly don't recall the loan but stayed on the line anyway. He then told me I had the loan with AA finance (now I knew for certain I hadn't had it), I started paying for it in March 2004 and finished in September 2009 and most importantly I had never claimed PPI, he made sure I wrote these 4 points down... I was like ok...

He then said he was passing me over to someone else and they would only ask me the 4 questions which I now had the answers too. I hung up.

So it seems like "they" are now getting people to go along with fake claims in the hope they will not be challenged. I don't want to be a part of that thank you very much but I am sure some will.

I had a similar thing recently. My sister parked her car next to mine and the wind caught the door, slamming it into the side of my car. Small dent, quickly sorted by her insurance company. I've had so many calls since trying to convince me to make a claim for my injuries. I generally try to keep them on the line as long as possible as I guess if they're busy with me, they won't be giving someone else the opportunity to con someone else into making a fraudulent claim. 

I kept telling the guy that I wasn't hurt but he kept telling me to say that I was for and that I could get £8,000 if I did. He was outright telling me to lie about it even though I'd told him I was sat in a restaurant when it happened. In answer to my question why would I lie to make a claim, his response was "for £8,000, obviously. Who doesn't want £8,000?". 

Surely if this is their tactic, they must get the occasional bite or they wouldn't bother. This world is going to hell.

• Like 2

House phone rang earlier so knew it was 99% chance someone trying to sell me something. 

It was a guy sounding like calling from an Indian call centre, he was telling me I had a £5k loan in 2004 and I was due £2100 back because of PPI on it. I certainly don't recall the loan but stayed on the line anyway. He then told me I had the loan with AA finance (now I knew for certain I hadn't had it), I started paying for it in March 2004 and finished in September 2009 and most importantly I had never claimed PPI, he made sure I wrote these 4 points down... I was like ok...

He then said he was passing me over to someone else and they would only ask me the 4 questions which I now had the answers too. I hung up.

So it seems like "they" are now getting people to go along with fake claims in the hope they will not be challenged. I don't want to be a part of that thank you very much but I am sure some will.

I had a similar thing recently. My sister parked her car next to mine and the wind caught the door, slamming it into the side of my car. Small dent, quickly sorted by her insurance company. I've had so many calls since trying to convince me to make a claim for my injuries. I generally try to keep them on the line as long as possible as I guess if they're busy with me, they won't be giving someone else the opportunity to con someone else into making a fraudulent claim. 

I kept telling the guy that I wasn't hurt but he kept telling me to say that I was for and that I could get £8,000 if I did. He was outright telling me to lie about it even though I'd told him I was sat in a restaurant when it happened. In answer to my question why would I lie to make a claim, his response was "for £8,000, obviously. Who doesn't want £8,000?". 

Surely if this is their tactic, they must get the occasional bite or they wouldn't bother. This world is going to hell.

And everyone is annoyed about rising insurance costs. Including, presumably, the people making these claims. 

• Like 1

I am in new orleans as I type this, it's my wife's idea to come here, it's **** ghastly. Thankfully we are only here till Monday. Desperately need to find a bar that doesn't sell just frozen daiquiries. 

Anyone here have an experience sleepwalking? I woke up in my wife's desk chair at 3:30 last night. Had no idea how I got there, etc. Freaky. What's especially strange is that I never sit in that chair, never think about it. 

Were you wearing her clothes?

• Like 1

Anyone here have an experience sleepwalking? I woke up in my wife's desk chair at 3:30 last night. Had no idea how I got there, etc. Freaky. What's especially strange is that I never sit in that chair, never think about it. 

Not yet! Have you ever sleepwalked? 

Not yet! Have you ever sleepwalked? 

Not as far as I know.

A few years back, my ex and I went to a wedding. We had a bit to drink and went back to the room, ready to sleep. Anyway. I wake up at 3am and she isn't there, I then hear a noise and go into the hotel bathroom, where I find her sat in the bath and doing a rowing motion (even moving forward and backwards). I laughed so much.

• Like 3

A few years back, my ex and I went to a wedding. We had a bit to drink and went back to the room, ready to sleep. Anyway. I wake up at 3am and she isn't there, I then hear a noise and go into the hotel bathroom, where I find her sat in the bath and doing a rowing motion (even moving forward and backwards). I laughed so much.

thought you were going to say something filfhy then.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Ex! She could keep up a decent stroke in her sleep and she's an ex!

• Like 2

I don't sleep walk but I do act odd in my sleep when I'm stressed. I'll talk about random stuff or do stupid things like wave hands in the air and when asked by the wife say I'm changing a light bulb. 

Apparently sleep deprivation is a common trigger -- and I was OTT sleepless this week, so it makes sense.

• Like 1

Rugby anyone? I have little clue what is happening, but it's mildly entertaining.

Lots of fat ugly men running into each other.

I also enjoyed the song the Welsh sang at the start of the game. It's almost as it they don't realise that we already know they only pretend to have their own language when the English are around. Lots of winky smileys.

• Like 1

Â