General Chat

Stevo985

I have issues putting protective film on the front of my phone, so I'd have no chance!

Ingram, why do you need it? Can't you just draw the curtains, when you fancy knocking one out, on an afternoon to Loose Women?

• Like 1

I have issues putting protective film on the front of my phone, so I'd have no chance!

Ingram, why do you need it? Can't you just draw the curtains, when you fancy knocking one out, on an afternoon to Loose Women?

Always tricky, the daytime tommy tank. I always think the neighbours will know exactly what I'm doing if I close the curtains at 2 in the afternoon.

Maybe I should buy a projector, just to throw the whole thing in to doubt. Then I could watch nudey ladies on a huge screen! Can't believe I've only just thought of this.

Cheers for the advice guys, don't think I'll do it myself then. 

just moved into our new house and due to the confounded layout the TV/ps4/games etc... are in the bay window, the previous owner had wooden horizontally slatted blinds which are old & tatty, I hate nets and curtains and they would need to be fitted properlyproperly anyway and are more expensive.

We're gonna have the frosting on the larger/taller bottom windows and leave the smaller little windows at the top clear as they are above head height from outside and then have pull down blackout blinds for night time. Might see if any of the companies offer fitting but the ones I've seen so far are diy.

Edited by Ingram85

Is the pop-up asking you to turn of adblock going to be there permanently? It is extremelly annoying.

just a guess but I reckon it will disappear if you turn off Adblock ....

It was kinda implied in the question that I am not going to turn off Adblock

it was kinda implied in the answer that I wasn't being serious

I'm not sure if I can be bothered with jeans and trousers anymore. If it wasn't so cold I'd wear shorts all the time.

A lengthy dress is perhaps a fair compromise.

The reason I insulated the bollocks out of my house was so I can wear shorts in the winter ....(due to working in a hot kitchen all day) .....only downside is no mobile phone signal can be picked up in the house

Kind of a sad story ... a lost container ship. Britain gets bigger ships than we do in the States because of your ports, but it's easy to forget these ships and their crews face very difficult lives:

One crew member wrote her mother an email saying the crew was heading directly into Hurricane Joaquin. "Winds are super bad," she said. "Love to everyone."

Another is about to become a new father and was supposed to return home soon to learn the gender of his expected twins. 

As searchers struggle to find survivors from the missing El Faro container ship, stories about some of the 33 crew members on board are starting to emerge. 

The cargo ship, headed from Florida to Puerto Rico, disappeared last week near the Bahamas. The U.S. Coast Guard has concluded the boat sank as Hurricane Joaquin churned across the Atlantic.

Watching some million pound house thing on channel 4, got £1.5m? Do you want a ground one bedroom ex council flat that hasn't been decorated in forty years or a 14 bedroom castle in Scotland?

Some of these flats in London going for £1m + you'd do well to get £75k in kiddy, the disparity in the London centric UK is ridiculous

• Like 1

Watching some million pound house thing on channel 4, got £1.5m? Do you want a ground one bedroom ex council flat that hasn't been decorated in forty years or a 14 bedroom castle in Scotland?

Some of these flats in London going for £1m + you'd do well to get £75k in kiddy, the disparity in the London centric UK is ridiculous

When the company I was working for moved to Canary Wharf a few of us looked at buying a flat there as an investment  ..the Jubilee line had yet to be built and it wasn't the place it is now  ... think it was about £130 k  .. those flats go for well over £1m now ..I get the urge to build a time machine whenever I go back up that way

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I watched a lot of that. 1 chap bought a tiny flat in London for £890k and was selling it for £1.1m 7 months later.

My line manager is a megalomaniac and I hate her. Probably the only person in my life at this time that I would say I hate. Not only in she a word removed of a person, she is incredibly incompetent. She genuinely does not have a single friend in her staff team.

There is a small group of people at work who are trying to get her sacked. Ordinarily, I would say this was immoral, but her car crash management is having a hugely negative impact on people's lives.

I usually keep my head down but I'm tempted to join the hate gang.

Anyone ever bested a disgusting boss in similar circumstances?

Â