General Chat

Stevo985

You pay back what you still owe on the mortgage and pocket any profit on the sale.

Do I get back what I've already put down? (Deposit and 2 years worth for example)

Assuming you sell up for exactly what you paid, you'd start off with your deposit. + your repayments.  Which after 2 years will mostly have been interest on your mortgage. 

Then there are the associated fees with selling, I'd say for a 100k house about 1.5k+(will be able to find some more accurate numbers with a quick Google) , and maybe early repayment charges on a mortgage.

I'd say you'll likely walk away with roughly what you put down give or take a bit.

You pay back what you still owe on the mortgage and pocket any profit on the sale.

Do I get back what I've already put down? (Deposit and 2 years worth for example)

Assuming you sell up for exactly what you paid, you'd start off with your deposit. + your repayments.  Which after 2 years will mostly have been interest on your mortgage. 

Then there are the associated fees with selling, I'd say for a 100k house about 1.5k+(will be able to find some more accurate numbers with a quick Google) , and maybe early repayment charges on a mortgage.

I'd say you'll likely walk away with roughly what you put down give or take a bit.

Cheers buddy. Considering options at the moment!

What was the deal with "Force Friday" yesterday? One of the guys I work with (sort of) took a day off work so he could go round the shops (some at midnight) buying a load of star wars toys.

Why? 

Why would you not?

What was the deal with "Force Friday" yesterday? One of the guys I work with (sort of) took a day off work so he could go round the shops (some at midnight) buying a load of star wars toys.

Why? 

Probably to re-sell on Ebay. The Ebay re-sellers mob these events. They buy whole racks of toys and sell at 5X the prices.

• Like 1

Toys R Us opened at midnight in 5 stores in the UK, and one of the was Oldbury. I read that the first 75 people through the door would get a free poster and t-shirt.

We were actually babysitting 5 minutes from Oldbury that night so decided to drive past to see how big the queue was, there was probably about 90 people queuing at 11.30, so we didn't bother. I only really wanted a free t-shirt.

Help! Are premier and prime minister interchangeable in UK? I should know this -- but I don't!

Officially its just Prime Minister.

Isn't premier just a general term for leader?  

• Like 1

Probably to re-sell on Ebay. The Ebay re-sellers mob these events. They buy whole racks of toys and sell at 5X the prices.

Aye, the week before Christmas these will likely be going for silly money.

looks to be retailing just under £200 - prime Christmas money these days as Xann has suggested

there are already used ones on e-bay

I suspect that whilst they've travelled through time and space to get here and are powered by a mix of jedi magic and apple software, they will be beaten by a decent carpet.

Toys R Us opened at midnight in 5 stores in the UK, and one of the was Oldbury. I read that the first 75 people through the door would get a free poster and t-shirt.

We were actually babysitting 5 minutes from Oldbury that night so decided to drive past to see how big the queue was, there was probably about 90 people queuing at 11.30, so we didn't bother. I only really wanted a free t-shirt.

I think the guy from my work was there.

He got a free t shirt but the people before him had cleared out every toy by the time he got there.

I'm yet to find out if he's a huge nerdy fan or intends to resell his toys.

Not sure which is worse. The latter I suspect.

I'm thinking of setting up a website for geeks (comics, films, books, tv, sci-fi, games)... sort of a talk/review type site. I already have a name in mind and have put some bits together. Would anybody fancy contributing?

I'm thinking of setting up a website for geeks (comics, films, books, tv, sci-fi, games)... sort of a talk/review type site. I already have a name in mind and have put some bits together. Would anybody fancy contributing?

I get the feeling from you that you're a kind of, get rich quick kinda guy.

I get the feeling from you that you're a kind of, get rich quick kinda guy.

After years of disappointment with get rich quick schemes, I know I'm gonna get rich with this scheme, and quick!

• Like 4

Â