General Chat

Stevo985

Not health related. Not work related.

Sort of work related. Everything is getting on top of me.

Anxiety, panic or stress in a work situation usually comes from not knowing what you're trying to achieve or what the next action is to gel to what you're trying to achieve.

Take a step back, identify the desired outcome, what would be the very next thing you'd have to do to get there?

• Like 2

It's not a work situation.

It's just general life.

Nothing is going right. Everything that could go wrong, is going wrong. It feels like that once something good is going to happen, it turns to shit straight away. Just a crap run of luck really.

At absolute breaking point. Everything is my life is going wrong. No idea what to do.

start supporting the Saints instead of the annoying SeaHawks ..once you purge yourself of that sin everything will fall into place

Thanks, I think, for the advice.

The real crux of the issue is that since I've come back from Poland, everything has been shit. Bad decisions made by myself (made under pressure) combined with some shitty luck and red tape for good measure combining to make a real shitty situation right now.

When you are in a crap run its not nice but there is nothing else to do but batten down the hatches keep doing the right things and wait for better times to come.

The alternative of course is to try doing different things if you keep gettings same results... along the line of Einsteins defintion of insanity 

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

I'm trying to do different things. These different things appear to be working then I get a kick in the balls.

Latest work related one. Signed up to a supply teaching agency. Speaking to them for 2 weeks now. Checked loads of things with them, got definitive answers about things I was worried about. Told not to worry. Go in to meet them. Need a Polish CRB which can take upto 6 weeks (was told initially that I could be in schools within 2 weeks), they/ve gone back on what I was worried about and they need a character reference from somebody in Poland for my '2 month gap' (where I didn't have a job in Poland) when I didn't know anybody!! Furthermore, for that character refernce they need to be a professional. I know 2 professionals from that time and neither speak English.

So what looked like a real solution is now causing me a massive headache and that's just one of the things going wrong.

I'm trying to do different things. These different things appear to be working then I get a kick in the balls.
Latest work related one. Signed up to a supply teaching agency. Speaking to them for 2 weeks now. Checked loads of things with them, got definitive answers about things I was worried about. Told not to worry. Go in to meet them. Need a Polish CRB which can take upto 6 weeks (was told initially that I could be in schools within 2 weeks), they/ve gone back on what I was worried about and they need a character reference from somebody in Poland for my '2 month gap' (where I didn't have a job in Poland) when I didn't know anybody!! Furthermore, for that character refernce they need to be a professional. I know 2 professionals from that time and neither speak English.

So what looked like a real solution is now causing me a massive headache and that's just one of the things going wrong.

Well, it sounds as though you've done all in your power to this point, what are the options and consequences available to you right now?

I've learnt in life, trust no one to get something right and always be prepared to kick some ass.

Â