General Chat

Stevo985

What's Yorkshire like?

Where about in Yorkshire? It's a big place. York is lovely. Spent a lot of time in Leeds, and find it to be a nice little city. I've been to Sheffield a couple of times, and it seemed OK. Doncaster seemed a lot better than I thought it was going to be as well. I live not far from North Yorkshire, and there are some lovely towns dotted about. The North Yorkshire Moors are among some of the most beautiful country side in the country. The coast is nice too, Whitby, Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington etc.

I'm sure Mr Mooney can give you some more detail, as he's a resident.    

What's Yorkshire like?

Where about in Yorkshire? It's a big place. York is lovely. Spent a lot of time in Leeds, and find it to be a nice little city. I've been to Sheffield a couple of times, and it seemed OK. Doncaster seemed a lot better than I thought it was going to be as well. I live not far from North Yorkshire, and there are some lovely towns dotted about. The North Yorkshire Moors are among some of the most beautiful country side in the country. The coast is nice too, Whitby, Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington etc.

Thanks man. Thinking about relocating. Easier said than done blah blah and it'll probably never happen especially with job situation. Yorkshire just always seems to come up as being a decent place! Went to Leeds the other week and found it alright..

What's Yorkshire like?

Thanks man. Thinking about relocating. Easier said than done blah blah and it'll probably never happen especially with job situation. Yorkshire just always seems to come up as being a decent place! Went to Leeds the other week and found it alright..

Yeah, I like Leeds a lot. I've considered moving there myself in the past. Got a few mates who live there, and they love it. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for? If it's city living, then Leeds is probably the place to be. If you're looking or something more sedate, then I'd probably head a little further north, or the coast. 

What's Yorkshire like?

Yeah, I like Leeds a lot. I've considered moving there myself in the past. Got a few mates who live there, and they love it. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for? If it's city living, then Leeds is probably the place to be. If you're looking or something more sedate, then I'd probably head a little further north, or the coast. 

City would ideally be my best bet if I were to get something part-time while doing a course. It was there or Sheffield anyway. Is it even possible or am I overthinking it? I would literally have no friends or family up there...

What's Yorkshire like?

City would ideally be my best bet if I were to get something part-time while doing a course. It was there or Sheffield anyway. Is it even possible or am I overthinking it? I would literally have no friends or family up there...

Yeah, I would have thought you could do that easily. Sheffield and Leeds have big student communities, so I'm certain you'd be able to get some part time work, while doing a course. Leeds is about 2 hours away from Brum by car and train, and Sheffield less than that, it's not exactly the other side of the world. Yorkshire and Northern folk in general tend to be a friendly bunch. I'm sure you'd probably meet some like minded people quickly enough. There's also a Yorkshire Lions club, who I believe are fairly active. I'm sure Mooney will have you round for Sunday dinner too.

Yeah, why not. [emoji6] I like Yorkshire a lot, for all the reasons already given. I've been in Leeds since 1972 and it's unrecognisable from the place I found back then (which wasn't too far from Tony's northern stereotype).

It's my mates stag do tomorrow, there's about 20/30 of us going aged between 30-40.  We're getting the ferry across to France for the night. (No, not Calais before you ask!)

The groom has booked the afternoon at an 'Adventure Park' which after a bit of research, seems to be aimed at 10-15 year olds and looks pretty lame.

I've said from day 1 that I'm out and I'd rather go for a lunch and meet them at the hotel when they're done.  Apparently a few have said it's pretty bad form.  Personally I wouldn't care if it was the other way round.  I'm sure the groom has only booked this anyway so he doesn't have to drink as much.

How out of order am I if I sack off the adventure park ?

It's my mates stag do tomorrow, there's about 20/30 of us going aged between 30-40.  We're getting the ferry across to France for the night. (No, not Calais before you ask!)

The groom has booked the afternoon at an 'Adventure Park' which after a bit of research, seems to be aimed at 10-15 year olds and looks pretty lame.

I've said from day 1 that I'm out and I'd rather go for a lunch and meet them at the hotel when they're done.  Apparently a few have said it's pretty bad form.  Personally I wouldn't care if it was the other way round.  I'm sure the groom has only booked this anyway so he doesn't have to drink as much.

qvwtt.jpg

Personally, I don't think it's out of order. I've opted out on the "activity" part of just about every stag do I've ever been on. Maybe others think it is, but I could care less. I'd go as far as to say it's out of order for them to expect you to do it, if you really don't want to.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Last stag-do I went to, the stag himself "opted out" of the activity (an It's A Knockout style assault course).  He had gotten so drunk the previous night that he spent the entire Saturday face-down on the other side of the field, vomiting his guts out whilst the rest of us soldiered on.  And there were plenty folk from the previous night who just didn't make it out of their hotel rooms at all, so for me, nah, I don't think you're out of order.

Edited by GarethRDR

I just don't want to be the instigator of a mass adventure park exodus.  There's not even a bar/food onsite either, what sort of a stag do is this ?? :(

It's not everyday you get to have a 3 course lunch in France, plus the footie will be on !

EDIT - i'd be well up for 'it's a knockout', but climbing up trees with loads of little children on a busy Saturday afternoon?  Nope

Edited by simont123

Personally, I don't think it's out of order. I've opted out on the "activity" part of just about every stag do I've ever been on. Maybe others think it is, but I could care less. I'd go as far as to say it's out of order for them to expect you to do it, if you really don't want to.

The only activities that one should partake on stag weekends is drinking and strippers

Always annoys me when people try and think outside the box when it comes to stag weekends

Keep it simple yard of ale and a naughty forty at spearmint rhino afterwards

• Like 3

To be honest I think it's massively out of order.

It's a stag do. You do whatever is planned and if you don't like it then it doesn't matter. It's not about you.

• Like 2

Â