General Chat

Stevo985

However fun it is or isn't, one thing's for sure. If everyone else is dressed up and you're not, you're the one who looks like a dickhead.

not if you make your excuses on the RSVP and go elsewhere that night :)

one of my friends did a 70's theme for her 40th , I reluctantly went along with a high shoes , lime green shirt , tiger striped suit and big hair ... you can see my unease \ embarrassment in the early photo's  .... you can also see me by the end of the night fully embracing my outfit and enjoying myself 

So whilst I'd do everything in my power to avoid fancy dress ( other than toying with the idea that my funeral will a fancy dress party , which may be amusing at 45 , but maybe not so if I live to be 107 ) , it was good fun once you've had a few  ..end of the day you all look stupid together 

Edited by tonyh29

However fun it is or isn't, one thing's for sure. If everyone else is dressed up and you're not, you're the one who looks like a dickhead.

one of my friends did a 70's theme for her 40th , I reluctantly went along with a high shoes , lime green shirt , tiger striped suit and big hair ... you can see my unease \ embarrassment in the early photo's  .... you can also see me by the end of the night fully embracing my outfit and enjoying myself 

So whilst I'd do everything in my power to avoid fancy dress ( other than toying with the idea that my funeral will a fancy dress party , which may be amusing at 45 , but maybe not so if I live to be 107 ) , it was good fun once you've had a few  ..end of the day you all look stupid together 

If you have a 70s themed fancy dress at your funeral and you've lived to 107, the people attending wouldn't know which 70s you were referring to :lol:

It's a stag do in another country. So doing something else isn't really an option.

I like fancy dress anyway. I usually get way too involved and spend loads on a costume that nobody cares about apart from me.

I'm only miffed by this one because I've neverseen Peaky Blinders so I've not much idea what to do

Just a thought.  If your stags was happening 50 miles down the road from where it is happening, then your Peaky Blinders attire would blend in with the locals.

Watch Peaky Blinders then.  It's worth it and on netflix.  And don't forget the razor in your cap, you never know when it might kick off on a stag do.

I intend to. But I won't watch it in time to make any informed costume decisions!

one of my friends did a 70's theme for her 40th , I reluctantly went along with a high shoes , lime green shirt , tiger striped suit and big hair ... you can see my unease \ embarrassment in the early photo's .... you can also see me by the end of the night fully embracing my outfit and enjoying myself

So whilst I'd do everything in my power to avoid fancy dress ( other than toying with the idea that my funeral will a fancy dress party , which may be amusing at 45 , but maybe not so if I live to be 107 ) , it was good fun once you've had a few ..end of the day you all look stupid together

If you have a 70s themed fancy dress at your funeral and you've lived to 107, the people attending wouldn't know which 70s you were referring to [emoji38]
I was once invited to a '60s themed' fancy dress party, so I used the outfit I'd put together for an earlier fancy dress - a Lee Van Cleef style gunslinger - black frock coat, bootlace tie, waistcoat, fob watch, cheroot, Colt .44, etc.

Looked great among all the mods and hippies. Anybody queried it, I just said "1860s, mate. Nobody specified century".

Random question VT.

Does anyone know any famous people called "Oxford"? First or last name, doesn't matter.

I like how when this question was asked (apparently this was the last time I was in this thread too), nobody could think of any high profile names. Since then most PL football fans are now familiar with the name Reece Oxford. It's interesting though, I was incidentally thinking about it after his debut. I would have thought (baseless assumption really) that Oxford would be at least a somewhat common surname, but I don't think I've heard of a single person with that name until Reece.

Wait ....this stag do dressed as the peaky blinders theme isn't in Dublin is it ?

It is.

Why? (I've still not watched the show)

Is that bad?

Edited by Stevo985

Just do it like the blues fans do on their away trips, the peaky blinders dress quite smart, they don't wear their usual clobber plus a flat cap

You need a jacket, some trousers that are slightly too short, a nice shirt and a flat cap, you'll get it all in charity shops, if you struggle with the flat cap they sell them in Edinburgh wool shops and the range

Â