General Chat

Stevo985

Thinking about learning another language. Torn between French (which I have a basic understanding of) or Spanish.

Are those Rosetta Stone things worth investing in?

Do lessons. I started Spanish this (academic) year and I'm loving it.

You can always do Rosetta stone alongside it. That'll be helpful to boost your vocab.

The lessons give you a better grasp of grammar and gives you conversational interaction

Thinking about learning another language. Torn between French (which I have a basic understanding of) or Spanish.

Are those Rosetta Stone things worth investing in?

Excellent resources for learning French are the Michael Thomas and Pimsleur audio recordings also really good is the French in Action TV series which I believe is on youtube possibly as close you'll get to immersion without actually going to France.

Another good resource is the Duolingo website.

• Like 1

Learn Irish!

Did it in school. Useless.

I'm 8pints, here's useless - http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/user/58653-useless/ Edit - In fact there he is above me

I had a feeling you may have done.

Here is my second suggestion -

Learn Patois!

I'd have to agree with 8pints, if you learn Patois you'll always have something to fall back on if the language courses don't work out.

Everyone wants a patio.

• Like 1

Learn Irish!

Did it in school. Useless.

I'm 8pints, here's useless - http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/user/58653-useless/ Edit - In fact there he is above me

I had a feeling you may have done.

Here is my second suggestion -

Learn Patois!

I'd have to agree with 8pints, if you learn Patois you'll always have something to fall back on if the language courses don't work out.

Everyone wants a patio.

Which coincidently is a line of work Irish people seem to be very much involved in.

I've had a yen to learn Russian for a few years now. Doubt I will ever actually get around to it, mind.

zdrastvuytye - greetings

tavarish - comrade

spasiba - thank you

dos vidanya - goodbye

there's a (phonetically spelt ) start for you ;) 

• Like 1

I've had a yen to learn Russian for a few years now. Doubt I will ever actually get around to it, mind.

zdrastvuytye - greetings

tavarish - comrade

spasiba - thank you

dos vidanya - goodbye

there's a (phonetically spelt ) start for you ;)

Thanks! It's even easier than I thought it would be!

Is there a medical thread on VT? 

On Monday, I was running home from the bus stop, because I was late for my driving lesson, when suddenly my ankle really started hurting and I couldn't put any weight on it. I thought I'd have to cancel my driving lesson, but 10 minutes later it was perfectly fine and has been all week.

But this morning, running for the bus, it's gone again. 2 hours later it's still hurting when I'm not putting weight on it. Feels like it's on fire and it's constantly aching. Does that sound like a sprain?

COuld be strained ligaments. I did them at school and would be the same. Feel absolutely fine most of the time, then one awkward twist and I'd be on the floor in pain.

But, like most medical threads...

... go to a doctor.

Some of you are so stupid, it makes you real life borderline special. I was making a point...

My posts merely reflected what I've seen day in, day out, since I came back. I wanted to show you all exactly how it looks and how droll it is.

It's just pointless, miserable, moaning, whinging, negative, boring tatt.

I started a thread tonight and instead of the people who were interested in the subject commenting, it was just spammed with pointless waste of internet space. Is that fun? If so, wow.

I'm all for a piss take and some banter, in fact I live for it. But that's not what it is. It's not smart enough.

And the classic retort is that I'm on my period? Quality banter guys... <Sarcasm>

743pv7l.jpg

bispko11.gif

I'm a positive person so I'll quietly slip away

Hooooolllllllly shit dat punch....

His face actually goes blurry..

Now, I like Hendo, and I don't particularly like Bisping, but BUT...he should not have done that. He was out, it was a sucker punch. Some might blame Yamasaki, the ref, but then again I know for a fact a lot of people enjoyed seeing Bisping getting geniunely destroyed.

I really, really want to learn Japanese.  I've started off by watching 

yojimbo-posters.jpg

again, which is frankly awesome.

I can help! I can teach you all the phrases I have learnt from watching anime. Here's one that might also be useful for Laura

Honto Baka Baka - They're all idiots / I am surrounded by idiots

Nani?! - Really?!

Hai. - Yes.

Is there a medical thread on VT? 

On Monday, I was running home from the bus stop, because I was late for my driving lesson, when suddenly my ankle really started hurting and I couldn't put any weight on it. I thought I'd have to cancel my driving lesson, but 10 minutes later it was perfectly fine and has been all week.

But this morning, running for the bus, it's gone again. 2 hours later it's still hurting when I'm not putting weight on it. Feels like it's on fire and it's constantly aching. Does that sound like a sprain?

foot aids

have you put your foot up any strange bums lately?

or rubbed it on a fat lady's belly?

Â