General Chat

Stevo985

im a QS so i understand what you mean!

the risk is that infills and openings is pretty set work rates wise and you're less likely to lose time due to weather stoppages, the brickies on my job at the moment have just lost 3 weeks work, but if you do get good then brickies are booming at the moment, its very hard to get them on say a school because they are all over housing, come the summer then id say new build would be more advantageous 

is it housing? generally the quality of brickies in housing is slightly lower but that's mainly because they are house chuckers and they fly up, i can tell you the H&S on site for brickies has gone through the roof, scaffolding both sides of the wall now on most sites, no ladders etc

there's money in it that's for sure, I've spent summers paying good brickies >£1000 a week

I'm self employed at the moment V4E, so I still lose rain time unless I have indoor work, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, my only issue would be quantity not quality of the work, but the bloke who has offered me the job is my best mates dad, and has said he will give me time to get up to speed, the big problem is my back, a few years ago i had a herniated disc in my spine, totally **** me up for the best part of 18 months, the work load of brnding over ever 30 seconds might bring it back.

im 90/10 going to take it, just got to discuss it with my partner

if he puts you in a 2&1 with a good brickie and a good labourer whilst you get up to speed id imagine you'd be ok

but at the moment its really busy, and the demand, followed by the rates, is going through the roof, i don't do housing and its hard to find brickies at the moment because they're all over there

my job at the moment is £48 / metre squared, a couple of thousand bricks would be £1600 a week...

Edited by villa4europe

I really, really want to learn Japanese.  I've started off by watching 

yojimbo-posters.jpg

again, which is frankly awesome.

I can help! I can teach you all the phrases I have learnt from watching anime. Here's one that might also be useful for Laura

Honto Baka Baka - They're all idiots / I am surrounded by idiots

Nani?! - Really?!

Hai. - Yes.

ありがとう

if he puts you in a 2&1 with a good brickie and a good labourer whilst you get up to speed id imagine you'd be ok

but at the moment its really busy, and the demand, followed by the rates, is going through the roof, i don't do housing and its hard to find brickies at the moment because they're all over there

my job at the moment is £48 / metre squared, a couple of thousand bricks would be £1600 a week...

That is mental money, that £1600 a week is £150 more than I take home a month at at the moment, im waiting on a phone call tomorrow to be told if I definitely have a job to walk into, from the conversation I had earlier I was told I would easily take home what im on now + more, so I was working on the £100 a shift average with my £120 a month extra thinking

I'm definitely going for it btw

I can hear sexy sounds from three different rooms. One from housemate and two from various neighbours. :(  For a newly singly person, this is a smidge annoying. No alcohol in the house either :(

Alas I don't have the balls of many of the confessional types on here to go racing in with my dick in hand to offer help. Not that I want to cast aspersions on you all, but reading that thread, I'm just going to assume everyone's a pervert and defame the lot of you. Might try and play some of that industrial metal from that canadian band which was used to torture guantanamo inmates. The massively passive aggressive approach works a treat 

I can hear sexy sounds from three different rooms. One from housemate and two from various neighbours. :(  For a newly singly person, this is a smidge annoying. No alcohol in the house either :(

Alas I don't have the balls of many of the confessional types on here to go racing in with my dick in hand to offer help. Not that I want to cast aspersions on you all, but reading that thread, I'm just going to assume everyone's a pervert and defame the lot of you. Might try and play some of that industrial metal from that canadian band which was used to torture guantanamo inmates. The massively passive aggressive approach works a treat

Go buy some, Vodka preferably...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I really, really want to learn Japanese.  I've started off by watching 

yojimbo-posters.jpg

again, which is frankly awesome.

I can help! I can teach you all the phrases I have learnt from watching anime. Here's one that might also be useful for Laura

Honto Baka Baka - They're all idiots / I am surrounded by idiots

Nani?! - Really?!

Hai. - Yes.

ありがとう

不客气.

*闪*

Edited by legov
  • Like 1

Â