General Chat

Stevo985

Is there a medical thread on VT? 

On Monday, I was running home from the bus stop, because I was late for my driving lesson, when suddenly my ankle really started hurting and I couldn't put any weight on it. I thought I'd have to cancel my driving lesson, but 10 minutes later it was perfectly fine and has been all week.

But this morning, running for the bus, it's gone again. 2 hours later it's still hurting when I'm not putting weight on it. Feels like it's on fire and it's constantly aching. Does that sound like a sprain?

foot aids

have you put your foot up any strange bums lately?

or rubbed it on a fat lady's belly?

Yeah, both, but I had a condom on my willy at the time so it can't be that can it?

I've had a yen to learn Russian for a few years now. Doubt I will ever actually get around to it, mind.

zdrastvuytye - greetings

tavarish - comrade

spasiba - thank you

dos vidanya - goodbye

there's a (phonetically spelt ) start for you ;)

Izvineete - excuse me

Pajalusta - please/your welcome

Covered all my Russian between our two posts.

Some of you are so stupid, it makes you real life borderline special. I was making a point...

My posts merely reflected what I've seen day in, day out, since I came back. I wanted to show you all exactly how it looks and how droll it is.

"Droll" means "amusing". Glad you enjoyed it. 

When I had the chance to learn a language as a freebie at the uni I chose German (purely on the basis that the teacher was an attractive blonde). 

I had been considering Russian - and funnily enough there was a Russian guy on the German course. He informed me that I'd made the right choice - he reckoned Russian grammar was appallingly difficult. 

Some of you are so stupid, it makes you real life borderline special. I was making a point...

My posts merely reflected what I've seen day in, day out, since I came back. I wanted to show you all exactly how it looks and how droll it is.

I also thought that 'Droll' had a similar meaning to bleak.

Droll is one of the most commonly misunderstood words. 

Another one is "limpid", funnily enough.

Lots of people think it means "tired and lifeless", but - as I'm sure Our Esteemed Leader knows - it actually means "clear, or transparent". 

• Like 1

It means uninteresting yet amusing, I think.

It's almost a perfect definition for the Boring thread.

• Like 1

I thought 'droll' was just similar to 'dry' in terms of humour.

Literally is literally the most incorrectly used word.

Not anymore, the definition was changed to mean figuratively too.

But that literally makes no sense.

• Like 1

A weird one I read the other day is that it isn't

'if you think that you've got another thing coming'   it's   'if you think that you've got another think coming'

I can't get used to that, I think meanings can change anyway what some people call 'the living language'.

Edited by useless

It means uninteresting yet amusing, I think.

It's almost a perfect definition for the Boring thread.

No it doesn't. 

"amusing in a quaint or odd manner; comical"

Nothing to do with being uninteresting. 

Â