The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Only got to see wolf of wall street 8.5/10 great film ....but I do think the academy got it right by giving the award to maconohayyyyy ......

Wolf of wall st has some of the best scenes I've seen in a movie for quite sometime.

The bit where he recalls taking the Ludes and you get what he thought happened and what actually happened is laugh till your ribs hurt funny! The scenes where he is pitching shit stocks over the phone are also very awesome.

You are right though MM deserved his award for Dallas Buyers Club.

Tickets booked for Guardians of the Galaxy tomorrow - I'm wet my pants excited.

anyone going to have a crack at this ?

The British director of Con Air and Tomb Raider is turning his back on Hollywood in favour of crowdfunding to finance his next film.

Simon West will be offering a share in the profits of his new project Salty for anyone who is willing to invest over £1,000.

Clicky

Edited by tonyh29

New Interstellar trailer is out...WOW!!!

Has to be one of the best trailers ive ever seen (id post but dont know how to from phone). Gives away very little yet is compelling throughout.

Anyway film ive seen recently:

Badlands - 8 out of 10 Cult classic from terrence malick about a young couple who go on a killing spree. Excellent.

Just watched The Way Way Back. Enjoyed it,, and was full of charm and had funny moments but quite a light film. Still, Sam Rockwell continues to be excellent in everything I see him do.

My top five favourite Sam Rockwell performances

(Doesn't mean the film they appear in was any good although in most cases I feel it was)

5)Seven Psychopaths 

4) Lawn Dogs

3) Moon 

2) Choke

1) Pretzel

Seems like the less words in the title the more I like it.

He's also listed as 'Head Thug' in the 1990 Turtles film.

Edited by 8pints

Watching "Valkyrie" again, it's a fun movie. Tom Cruise is looney toons, but he's a pretty good actor. Great support cast as well, including the fire witch chick from GoT.

• Like 2

The first movie I saw with Sam Rockwell in it was "Box of Moonlight" with John Turturro. It grossed about five dollars, but it's a sweet little subversive film. 

My top five favourite Sam Rockwell performances

(Doesn't mean the film they appear in was any good although in most cases I feel it was)

5)Seven Psychopaths 

4) Lawn Dogs

3) Moon 

2) Choke

1) Pretzel

Seems like the less words in the title the more I like it.

He's also listed as 'Head Thug' in the 1990 Turtles film.

No Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind?  Controversial.

• Like 1

Just watched The Way Way Back. Enjoyed it,, and was full of charm and had funny moments but quite a light film. Still, Sam Rockwell continues to be excellent in everything I see him do.

Agree.  Loved it.

All is Lost staring Robert Redford.

Cannot decide if it is very good or shockingly awful.

Apart from the narration at the start I dont think there is more than 30 spoken words in the whole film.

Â