The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Typical Superhero film, meh, that whole formula is getting extremely tedious.  - 6/10

Divergence - Typical Hunger Games film but with an extra layer of stupidity 6/10

Edited by PieFacE

Anyone seen assassination of Jesse James? Bout to come on ITV4 +1.

Wondering whether to watch it.

I know it's late now... But yes it's a great film, some really good performances and it's stunningly beautiful, it's only problem is it's length, fair few scenes of brad Pitt staring at nothing

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Typical Superhero film, meh, that whole formula is getting extremely tedious

Spider-man didn't do that well, you're right it is too formulaic and shit in general IMO it's a bit of a mess and like someone else said it's got a lot of setting up in it which makes for some pointless stuff, the rhino fight especially

to be fair to them though most are at least trying to move away from the formula, xmen days of future past, captain America 2 and apparently guardians of the galaxy are all very good, captain America 2 is pretty much a thriller with a superhero in it

Spider-Man I think is aimed at a younger audience, expect fantastic four to be the same (and expecting it to be crap) not sure where ant man will go

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Typical Superhero film, meh, that whole formula is getting extremely tedious

Spider-man didn't do that well, you're right it is too formulaic and shit in general IMO it's a bit of a mess and like someone else said it's got a lot of setting up in it which makes for some pointless stuff, the rhino fight especially

to be fair to them though most are at least trying to move away from the formula, xmen days of future past, captain America 2 and apparently guardians of the galaxy are all very good, captain America 2 is pretty much a thriller with a superhero in it

Spider-Man I think is aimed at a younger audience, expect fantastic four to be the same (and expecting it to be crap) not sure where ant man will go

Probably get crushed by reviews.... :)

• Like 1

I really disiked the first Captain America so have not seen the second one. Is it better than the first? 

I really disiked the first Captain America so have not seen the second one. Is it better than the first? 

yes, miles better, got a complete different tone, it goes off in a direction away from the superhero genre and is much better for it, its not a kiddies film, lots of talking, lots of plot but then with enough action thrown in to keep it going, i think its the best marvel film to date

• Like 1

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Typical Superhero film, meh, that whole formula is getting extremely tedious.  - 6/10

Divergence - Typical Battle Royale film but with an extra layer of stupidity 6/10

Fixed that for ya brah 

• Like 1

Just watched Jurassic Park again, it's amazing how believable the dinosaurs are over 20 years since it came out. More believable than most CGI nowadays.

Have you see the new apes movie?

They just raised the bar.

Watched The Elephant Man last night. I enjoyed it but I think mainly because of the story and the performance by John Hurt rather than how the film looked. I'm not much of a David Lynch fan to tell the truth.

Great story though and very moving. Shame they got his name wrong, but I assume back in 1980 when the film was made they didn't know as much about him as they do today. Apparently Frederick Treves - the surgeon who befriended him - gave his name as John Merrick in a book he wrote but it's thought that he mad a mistake and got confused as Joseph Merrick had a younger brother called John who died as a baby from Smallpox.

Edited by Ginko

not seen the first but i watched the second courtesy of Turkish Airlines ..it was basically that or stare at the plane  ceiling for 3 hours ....

really wish i had chosen the ceiling option

Â