The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

My first foray into manga (always thought about watching Akira but have never got round to it) with Tekkonkinkreet.. What the hell.. Head is truly blown with that

Film four? Get Paprika set to record in the same time slot tonight

I'm expecting guardians to be something special

It is!

How have you seen it?? Didnt think it was out in the UK yet or had been leaked??

Looks like tosh to me. Batista from the wwe as one of the main actors?! Its a kids film essentially I guess.. I expect it to be awful but ill watch it im sure at some point.

Prefer the dark, moody comic book films like blade and batman that are aimed at grown ups.

Was out yesterday in a lot of cinemas, I saw it at star city.

It's great. It made me feel a bit like i did as a kid watching things like Star Wars, back to the future and Indiana jones in the 80's. It's a family film not a kids film. Batista's not bad to be fair, his character was pretty funny.

I love the Dark Knight Trilogy and lots of other films that are aimed at 'grown ups', but sometimes you need a bit of joy in your life and Guardians is as joyous as a joyous thing, on a joyous day in joyous town.

• Like 2

My first foray into manga (always thought about watching Akira but have never got round to it) with Tekkonkinkreet.. What the hell.. Head is truly blown with that

Film four? Get Paprika set to record in the same time slot tonight
Record set cheers

Just got back from seeing Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Absolutely brilliant. Give that ape an Oscar.

I was worried it might not be as good as Rise, but it was at least equal with it. Absolutely loved it. **** going to cinemas on a Friday night though, for reals.

Just got back from seeing Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Absolutely brilliant. Give that ape an Oscar.

I was worried it might not be as good as Rise, but it was at least equal with it. Absolutely loved it. **** going to cinemas on a Friday night though, for reals.

Slightly better than Rise for me. Both excellent though.

Guardians of the galaxy in IMAX

It's brilliant, it's pro ably hard to explain because it's a super hero film without any superheroes, it's brilliantly cast, the firefly / serenity comments aren't far wrong, it's that kind of film, I'm not sure how it works when 4 different characters steal every scene but I'd say other than gamorra they are that good, seen some reviews saying he's not that good but I thought ronan was ok, I'd quite happily argue they need to do a lot more work on thanos, but this has legs, it's very confident and it's very good

• Like 1

And I saw the hobbit trailer in 3D, 1st time I saw it I thought it was beautiful, couldn't wait, thought about seeing it in all it's glory in IMAX, the trailer was blurry as ****, too much going on, the 3D is awesome but you lose focus cos there's so much going on

Under the skin .....1/10 ...absolute shit

Awesome film, i hazard a guess you wouldn’t like anything Lynch has done neither..
lynch ?

I thought he was an Irish national hero?

1386669419-Lynch.jpg

Â