The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just went to 'see' Gravity as my mate had booked the tickets. As I got there it turned out that he booked the tickets for next Thursday and the film isn't even out yet :(

Choice was either Thor or go home, as I'm on here you can guess what I went for

He was great in Primal Fear, Moonrise Kingdom and The Painted Veil too.

By all accounts, he just doesn't play too well with others.

I think the rumour was that he re-wrote large amounts of The Hulk ??

I like him as an actor American History X is one of my favourite films from the 90's maybe even all time

He is a better actor than a Depp or a Hanks just not as likeable so it probably goes against him

He's shortly to appear in The grand Budapest hotel if I recall ?

Anyway just back from Thor

Still not a comic book fan but as a popcorn movie with a bit of intellect built in ( if you know your Norse mythology or ever watched Stargate SG1 :) ) I quite enjoyed it ... Best comic book film I've seen so far

Kat Denning has the most amazing blow job lips and arguably outshines my beloved Portman ... ( Sorry Natalie )

Watched Stoker (nothing to do with Bram Stoker) last night - extremely kooky and beautifully shot!

It's a difficult one to describe but it centres around an 18yr old girl (who obviously has issues), her flaky mom (Nicole Kidman) and the appearance of an uncle, who she didn't know about until her father's funeral.

Directed by Chan-Wook Park (Oldboy, Lady Vengence etc)

• Like 1

Anyway just back from Thor

Still not a comic book fan but as a popcorn movie with a bit of intellect built in ( if you know your Norse mythology or ever watched Stargate SG1 :) ) I quite enjoyed it ... Best comic book film I've seen so far

Kat Denning has the most amazing blow job lips and arguably outshines my beloved Portman ... ( Sorry Natalie )

Think i'll go and see this on a Thursday afternoon when my fiancee is off work and there aren't too many in the cinema.

Watched Stoker (nothing to do with Bram Stoker) last night - extremely kooky and beautifully shot!

It's a difficult one to describe but it centres around an 18yr old girl (who obviously has issues), her flaky mom (Nicole Kidman) and the appearance of an uncle, who she didn't know about until her father's funeral.

I thought Stoker was great. Cast were very good all round with Mia Wasikowska as the standout.

• Like 1

That was my favourite film of last year. Wonderfully directed and the acting was top notch too. 

• Like 1

watched 'Odd Thomas' and 'The History of the Future Folk' yesterday, Enjoyed both, Odd Thomas nothing outstanding but worse ways to spend 90 odd minutes. The History of the future folk was very reminiscent of the quirky  'Safety not Guaranteed' for me, so that's a good thing

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

Watched Gangster Squad last night.

That is a film that really does not know what it wants to be. 

One minute its wants to be taken seriously, with strong influences from LA confidential, and any De Palma effort, then it will twist around and almost become a parody of the genre.

I think Sean Penn (Usually such a strong character actor) must have been playing the villain with tongue in cheek.

At times I thought it was a good film but could have been better, which is a real shame.

Watched Antichrist last night. Utter nonsense. There was a decent story in there dying to get out but it was overshadowed by gratuitous gore with no point or reason and some meaningless trippy vision sequences that were also pointless nonsense. 

2/10.

Watched Antichrist last night. Utter nonsense. There was a decent story in there dying to get out but it was overshadowed by gratuitous gore with no point or reason and some meaningless trippy vision sequences that were also pointless nonsense. 

2/10.

Stop watching crappy Film4 and get on GTA. We were partying at Kiwivillan's apartment...

(we watched some TV and sat around... in the game...)

Edited by villaajax

Watched Gangster Squad last night.

That is a film that really does not know what it wants to be. 

One minute its wants to be taken seriously, with strong influences from LA confidential, and any De Palma effort, then it will twist around and almost become a parody of the genre.

I think Sean Penn (Usually such a strong character actor) must have been playing the villain with tongue in cheek.

At times I thought it was a good film but could have been better, which is a real shame.

I agree. I thought the whole film moved too fast though. Think it would have been better being an hour longer and had a bit more character development. A lot happens to a lot of characters but it moves too fast to get a chance to care about any of them.

2/10.

Lars Von Trier is shit. He's a big shitbag shitface that makes shit films.

Â