The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've seen much worse, and she's a bit hit and miss (and she's really hot) but most actors are. I think she's very down to earth (and hot) and has a good sense of humour, like when she went to the Razzies to pick up her 'award'. That was the same year she won her Oscar for 'The Blind Side', so she can't be that bad (and she's hot).

You're getting me wrong Ginko. There's plenty worse than her.  I wouldn't pay in to the cinema to see them either.

Bullock can't act. I'm looking forward to Gravity, regardless. But I know, at some point, she'll be completely melodramatic and her shite acting will bug me.

She bugged me in the trailer.

Anyway, I need some scary movie for later. I was thinking of pulling a funny and putting on the Keith Lemon movie, but I don't want to scar people for life.

Don't want any of the usual films either, even if I wouldn't mind watching 'The Exorcist' or 'The Shining' again. Hmm.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Anyway, I need some scary movie for later. I was thinking of pulling a funny and putting on the Keith Lemon movie, but I don't want to scar people for life.

Don't want any of the usual films either, even if I wouldn't mind watching 'The Exorcist' or 'The Shining' again. Hmm.

Audition

I went to see an advance screening of 'Gravity' the other night at the IMAX in 3D. I'm not usually a fan of 3D but it actually makes the film look even more stunning in this case. Go and see it on the biggest screen you can find too as it really needs to be seen in a cinema. Bullock was very good in it and it's nice to see something original coming out of Hollywood for a change.

I also went to see 'Thor: The Dark World' and think that was good too. I personally enjoyed it more than the first film and think the tone was spot on once again. Plus the first post-credits scene had me smiling away.

I was hoping to see 'Short Term 12' this weekend too, yet it is only being released in a few cinemas across the UK. It's a shame that none of them are in a city near me. If it is being released anywhere near any of you then go and see it. It looks very good...

The soulless multiplex I usually visit isn't showing Gravity in 2D. They have made an enemy of me.

is it showing in 2D at all?

Just checked and it's shown once in 2D over the first three days of release. They have the capacity to show 2D but go for the more expensive option. This isn't driven by the customer it's all about revenue (IMO).

Â