The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Sascha Baron Cohen is doing a movie as a football hooligan  :lol:

Brilliant. The man's a genius.

I think its a real fine line, if he takes on hooligans and looks at stuff like the Geordie punching a horse and the guys strolling round in caps / scarves / stone island jackets in august then it'll work, if he drags in a load of normal fans who enjoy a drink at the football and swear a bit and trys to make them look far worse than the reality is then it wont

far too many stereotypes to take advantage of and portray fans in a very bad light, especially concerned that it'll play in to the hands of peter Herbert if they decide to goad idiots into racism and then edit it / play it off as accepted generally within football when those of us that go most weeks can tell you for a fact that its not

in theory that America (amongst many other place) is full of homophobic religious people it should really work

the reality is that it doesn't, people don't react in the same way that the do in borat, so he seemingly pushes them as far as he can until they are offended, I seem to remember paula Abdul and a slave? that's nothing to do with homophobia, getting his cock out to a room of people in order to offend them isn't homophobia, its just bad taste, add to that the fact that Bruno himself is a weak character then IMO its a desperately unfunny film that isn't anywhere near as clever as it could have been

Sascha Baron Cohen is doing a movie as a football hooligan  :lol:

I'd love this so much!

I watched the new wolverine film yesterday. Huge pile of shite. 3/10

Then watched 2 Guns, which was far more entertaining but still a bit predictable. 6/10 

Edited by PieFacE

I was gonna watch Iron Man 3 last night, but decided that seeing 1 and 2 was probably enough  :)

Instead I watched The Conjuring, based on a "true story"...if you believe in supernatural demonic possession and exorcisms....decent horror flick, stands out from most of the garbage of the genre.

If you believe in supernatural demonic possession and exorcisms then I suppose most nature programmes that explain the theory of evolution are probably decent horror flicks too taz.gif

• Like 1

Watched Gravity and it's great visually but I have reservations about it. Worth seeing at the cinema. It gets a  :) instead of a  :D

As has been said Bullock was a strange choice for the role. Clooney is good if a little annoying.

Still not a fan of 3D.

watched Man of Steel yesterday.

pile of pants, so boring and took out all the good bits that a superman film should have - hated it.  4/10.

4/10 seems a little high for "hate". Superman is dull as **** though, the only real positive about the movie is Michael Shannon. Far better than the original Zod.

Â